From: Charles Oliver Nutter on
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I guess we haven't done a really good job of publicizing it.  I've
>> presented it at a couple conference as have a couple other people.  But
>> so far it doesn't have much of a user base.
>
> Looks like its mailing list:
> http://groups.google.com/group/limelight_users
>
> is mostly spam--might want to do something about that.

Yeah, Limelight is really cool. Everyone I show it to is impressed
with how clean and easy it is to use. It's a perfect tool for building
Flash/Flex-like applications on JRuby.

I'd suggest the following:

* get the mailing list cleaned up
* post a summary of the project to ruby-talk and jruby's user list
with links to demo apps, screencasts, whatever
* write up an updated blog post (and we'll happily retweet it on @jruby)
* PROFIT

I'm sure Limelight could draw a following if more people knew about it.

- Charlie

- Charlie

From: Tony Arcieri on

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Micah Martin <micahmartin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess we haven't done a really good job of publicizing it.

I'd definitely say you have a publicity problem. Limelight looks really
interesting but this is the first time I've ever heard of it, and I'd like
to think I read a decent number of Ruby-related blogs, this mailing list,
talk about Ruby on IRC, read tweets from a number of Rubyists, etc.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand