From: Max Williams on
hi all.

I'm in linux and need to make an executable version of a script for one
of my windows-using colleagues to run. I tried with rubyscript2exe
originally and gave up after various problems and reading about
workarounds which looked like a nightmare.

So, i'm giving ocra a go. But, it's failing with the following error:

>=== WARNING: I18n::Backend::ActiveRecord was not loadable
>[memcache-client] Could not load SystemTimer gem, falling back to Ruby's slower/unsafe timeout library: no such file to load -- system_timer
>/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- Win32API (MissingSourceFile)
> from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ocra-1.1.3/bin/ocra:338:in `loaded_dlls'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ocra-1.1.3/bin/ocra:364:in `detect_dlls'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ocra-1.1.3/bin/ocra:257:in `build_exe'
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/ocra-1.1.3/bin/ocra:461
> from /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/ocra:19

I tried installing the win32-api gem but the install failed. Can this
gem even be installed in linux?

Grateful for any advice, max

From: Lars Christensen on
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Max Williams
<toastkid.williams(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in linux and need to make an executable version of a script for one
> of my windows-using colleagues to run.  I tried with rubyscript2exe
> originally and gave up after various problems and reading about
> workarounds which looked like a nightmare.
>
> So, i'm giving ocra a go.  But, it's failing with the following error:
>
>>/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- Win32API (MissingSourceFile)
>>  from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'

You can't build Ocra executables on Linux, because it requires a
Windows version of the Ruby interpreter to include. RubyInstaller with
Wine might be an option though, but you will have to invoke Ocra using
Wine too.

From: Max Williams on
Lars Christensen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Max Williams
> <toastkid.williams(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm in linux and need to make an executable version of a script for one
>> of my windows-using colleagues to run. �I tried with rubyscript2exe
>> originally and gave up after various problems and reading about
>> workarounds which looked like a nightmare.
>>
>> So, i'm giving ocra a go. �But, it's failing with the following error:
>>
>>>/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- Win32API (MissingSourceFile)
>>> �from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
>
> You can't build Ocra executables on Linux, because it requires a
> Windows version of the Ruby interpreter to include. RubyInstaller with
> Wine might be an option though, but you will have to invoke Ocra using
> Wine too.

doh. the whole reason i want to do this is so my non-ruby-owning
windows-using colleague can have an exe. I guess i'll have to go back
to trying to get rubyscript2exe working then. Is there anything else
that will work in linux for this, do you know?

thanks, max

From: Roger Pack on

> doh. the whole reason i want to do this is so my non-ruby-owning
> windows-using colleague can have an exe. I guess i'll have to go back
> to trying to get rubyscript2exe working then. Is there anything else
> that will work in linux for this, do you know?

you might be interested in this:

http://wiki.github.com/rdp/ruby_talk_faq/#ruby_to_exe

-r

From: Max Williams on
Thanks Roger, but i can't see anything mentioned there that would work
for me besides rubyscript2exe which i already discussed. Is there
something i missed?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: What about Limelight?