From: brassplyer on
On previous installs I've gone with whatever the default is, but there
must be a reason they give you options.

My most system intensive activities are video and audio editing, I've
got some PC games that get looked at occasionally. Other than that a
lot of YouTube'ing, Googling and more recently Facebook.

What are the reasons for choosing larger or smaller cluster sizes from
the default? I don't even remember what that is at the moment.

Thanks
From: relic on
brassplyer wrote:
> On previous installs I've gone with whatever the default is, but there
> must be a reason they give you options.
>
> My most system intensive activities are video and audio editing, I've
> got some PC games that get looked at occasionally. Other than that a
> lot of YouTube'ing, Googling and more recently Facebook.
>
> What are the reasons for choosing larger or smaller cluster sizes from
> the default? I don't even remember what that is at the moment.
>
> Thanks

NTFS

From: NT on
On Sep 4, 9:15 pm, brassplyer <brasspl...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On previous installs I've gone with whatever the default is, but there
> must be a reason they give you options.
>
> My most system intensive activities are video and audio editing, I've
> got some PC games that get looked at occasionally. Other than that a
> lot of YouTube'ing, Googling and more recently Facebook.
>
> What are the reasons for choosing larger or smaller cluster sizes from
> the default? I don't even remember what that is at the moment.
>
> Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_cluster

NT