From: mscir on
Lao Ming wrote:
> On Jan 23, 8:46 pm, mscir <ms...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Lao Ming wrote:
>>> If you surf tohttp://purecssmenu.com, you see a preview of a sample
>>> menu. The menu bar has two pulldowns labeled "Product Info" and
>>> "Templates". If you pull either of these down (but particularly
>>> "Templates"), you see that the surrounding box is much wider than
>>> necessary. This is because (as I've learned from trying their build),
>>> the box is always the widest of whatever menu item features the
>>> longest text. Thus, the menu item "Search-Engine Friendly" (under
>>> Product Info/Menu Features) is probably what forces the "Templates"
>>> menu to be so wide. Can anyone explain why this has to be or what
>>> purecssmenu.com could have done to make each menu box dependent on its
>>> own widest text?
>>> Thanks a bunch,
>>> Lao-Ming
>> Try this:
>>
>> /*
>> ul.pureCssMenu ul{
>> width:160.65px;}
>>
>> */
>
> Thanks, mscir, I tried it but no luck. However, I think I probably
> placed it incorrectly in the style statement. Is there somewhere I
> should place it specifically? And should the comments be included?

Lao Ming,

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer, I should have said that if you comment out
that code in the existing CSS so it looks like what I posted I think it
will do what you described. Simply adding my code won't accomplish that.
So if you did add my code, please remove it, and then find the two lines
I commented out and comment them out in your page. Apologies for not
being clearer.

Mike

From: Molly Mockford on
At 19:42:30 on Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Lao Ming <laomingliu(a)gmail.com> wrote
in <cfc117d5-e71d-4ec0-8f2d-036086600772(a)r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>:

>If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
>menu.

Ironically, only if Javascript is enabled.
--
Molly Mockford
Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it. (Milton Diamond Ph.D.)
From: Lao Ming on
On Jan 24, 7:52 am, mscir <ms...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lao Ming wrote:
> >> Try this:
>
> >> /*
> >> ul.pureCssMenu ul{
> >>         width:160.65px;}
>
> >> */
>
> > Thanks, mscir, I tried it but no luck.  However, I think I probably
> > placed it incorrectly in the style statement.  Is there somewhere I
> > should place it specifically?   And should the comments be included?
>
> Lao Ming,
>
> I'm sorry I wasn't clearer, I should have said that if you comment out
> that code in the existing CSS so it looks like what I posted I think it
> will do what you described. Simply adding my code won't accomplish that.
> So if you did add my code, please remove it, and then find the two lines
> I commented out and comment them out in your page. Apologies for not
> being clearer.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

That worked! Thanks a bunch! And sorry I was a little dense looking
at what you suggested the first time around. I should have understood
what you were getting at.

I can't figure out why purecssmenu.com would desire that feature. It
doesn't seem to have an apparent benefit.

From: Stan Brown on
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:50:44 -0800 from mscir <mscir(a)yahoo.com>:

> Stan Brown wrote:
> > Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:42:30 -0800 (PST) from Lao Ming
> > <laomingliu(a)gmail.com>:
> >> If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
> >> menu.
> >
> > Which apparently does not work in Firefox 3.5.7. Nothing happens
> > when I click on any of the tabs. (The page reloads when I click on
> > "Pure CSS Menu", but its appearance doesn't change.)
>
> Did you try downloading the demo code? I think you need javascript
> enabled to use their builder.

That's a strange requirement for something that claims to be "pure
CSS".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
validator: http://validator.w3.org/
CSS 2.1 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/
validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Why We Won't Help You:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you
From: Lao Ming on
On Jan 24, 7:56 pm, Stan Brown <the_stan_br...(a)fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:50:44 -0800 from mscir <ms...(a)yahoo.com>:
>

> > Stan Brown wrote:
>
> > > Which apparently does not work in Firefox 3.5.7.  Nothing happens
> > > when I click on any of the tabs.  (The page reloads when I click on
> > > "Pure CSS Menu", but its appearance doesn't change.)
>
> > Did you try downloading the demo code? I think you need javascript
> > enabled to use their builder.
>
> That's a strange requirement for something that claims to be "pure
> CSS".

It's the generator that uses Javascript, not the generated menu.