From: Lao Ming on
If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
menu. The menu bar has two pulldowns labeled "Product Info" and
"Templates". If you pull either of these down (but particularly
"Templates"), you see that the surrounding box is much wider than
necessary. This is because (as I've learned from trying their build),
the box is always the widest of whatever menu item features the
longest text. Thus, the menu item "Search-Engine Friendly" (under
Product Info/Menu Features) is probably what forces the "Templates"
menu to be so wide. Can anyone explain why this has to be or what
purecssmenu.com could have done to make each menu box dependent on its
own widest text?

Thanks a bunch,

Lao-Ming
From: mscir on
Lao Ming wrote:
> If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
> menu. The menu bar has two pulldowns labeled "Product Info" and
> "Templates". If you pull either of these down (but particularly
> "Templates"), you see that the surrounding box is much wider than
> necessary. This is because (as I've learned from trying their build),
> the box is always the widest of whatever menu item features the
> longest text. Thus, the menu item "Search-Engine Friendly" (under
> Product Info/Menu Features) is probably what forces the "Templates"
> menu to be so wide. Can anyone explain why this has to be or what
> purecssmenu.com could have done to make each menu box dependent on its
> own widest text?
> Thanks a bunch,
> Lao-Ming

Try this:

/*
ul.pureCssMenu ul{
width:160.65px;
}
*/

From: Stan Brown on
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:42:30 -0800 (PST) from Lao Ming
<laomingliu(a)gmail.com>:
> If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
> menu.

Which apparently does not work in Firefox 3.5.7. Nothing happens
when I click on any of the tabs. (The page reloads when I click on
"Pure CSS Menu", but its appearance doesn't change.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
validator: http://validator.w3.org/
CSS 2.1 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/
validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Why We Won't Help You:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you
From: mscir on
Stan Brown wrote:
> Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:42:30 -0800 (PST) from Lao Ming
> <laomingliu(a)gmail.com>:
>> If you surf to http://purecssmenu.com , you see a preview of a sample
>> menu.
>
> Which apparently does not work in Firefox 3.5.7. Nothing happens
> when I click on any of the tabs. (The page reloads when I click on
> "Pure CSS Menu", but its appearance doesn't change.)

Did you try downloading the demo code? I think you need javascript
enabled to use their builder.

From: Lao Ming on
On Jan 23, 8:46 pm, mscir <ms...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lao Ming wrote:
> > If you surf tohttp://purecssmenu.com, you see a preview of a sample
> > menu.  The menu bar has two pulldowns labeled "Product Info" and
> > "Templates".  If you pull either of these down (but particularly
> > "Templates"), you see that the surrounding box is much wider than
> > necessary.  This is because (as I've learned from trying their build),
> > the box is always the widest of whatever menu item features the
> > longest text.  Thus, the menu item "Search-Engine Friendly" (under
> > Product Info/Menu Features) is probably what forces the "Templates"
> > menu to be so wide.  Can anyone explain why this has to be or what
> > purecssmenu.com could have done to make each menu box dependent on its
> > own widest text?
> > Thanks a bunch,
> > Lao-Ming
>
> Try this:
>
> /*
> ul.pureCssMenu ul{
>         width:160.65px;}
>
> */

Thanks, mscir, I tried it but no luck. However, I think I probably
placed it incorrectly in the style statement. Is there somewhere I
should place it specifically? And should the comments be included?