From: Tom St Denis on
On Mar 13, 11:27 am, adacrypt <austin.oby...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>  The great thing about this news group is the vicious criticism that
> keeps you on your toes – they just love to hate – they are no slouches
> themselves either as cryptographers go – Good Luck - adacrypt

It isn't that people hate you, it's that they're incapable of agreeing
with you since when you're not spouting utter nonsense whatever cogent
thoughts you do have are completely wrong... or as Dr. Cox would say

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=WrjwaqZfjIY&feature=related

Tom
From: Maaartin on
On Mar 13, 5:39 pm, Tom St Denis <t...(a)iahu.ca> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 11:27 am, adacrypt <austin.oby...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  The great thing about this news group is the vicious criticism that
> > keeps you on your toes – they just love to hate – they are no slouches
> > themselves either as cryptographers go – Good Luck - adacrypt
>
> It isn't that people hate you, it's that they're incapable of agreeing
> with you since when you're not spouting utter nonsense whatever cogent
> thoughts you do have are completely wrong... or as Dr. Cox would say
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=WrjwaqZfjIY&feature=related

Actually, he's only only wrong when having a good day, quite often
he's "not even wrong". But it could come worse, at least his sentences
sometimes (taken in isolation) seem (at the first glance) to have a
boolean value, but there's somebody whose postings here are "not even
gibberish".
From: cplxphil on

All,

Thanks for all the great replies. I think I can figure out which
advice is worth trusting, and which may not be; I like to think I have
enough math training to be able to look for red flags. E.g., from
what I've heard "the crypto scene" is not really a disaster. That
said, I appreciate the time that everyone who took the time to respond
to my post--even the time of those whose advice I may take with a few
grains of salt. :)

I will start looking at the links provided shortly.

Thanks so much again!

Best,
Phil