From: paul8 on
It looks like Dells sales staff assume that customers are not
concerned with screen resolution.
Looking at an expensive laptop like Studio XPS16 , specs will only say
1080p about the resolution.
I could not find any figures in pixels.
For me , number of pixels makes a big difference.
From: Pen on
On 5/28/2010 5:51 PM, paul8 wrote:
> It looks like Dells sales staff assume that customers are not
> concerned with screen resolution.
> Looking at an expensive laptop like Studio XPS16 , specs will only say
> 1080p about the resolution.
> I could not find any figures in pixels.
> For me , number of pixels makes a big difference.
It is listed under Tech Specs, 1920x1080 or 1600x900
depending on your screen choice. It also is clearly listed
on the customize it pages. What were you looking at?
From: Nate Nagel on
On 05/28/2010 06:02 PM, Pen wrote:
> On 5/28/2010 5:51 PM, paul8 wrote:
>> It looks like Dells sales staff assume that customers are not
>> concerned with screen resolution.
>> Looking at an expensive laptop like Studio XPS16 , specs will only say
>> 1080p about the resolution.
>> I could not find any figures in pixels.
>> For me , number of pixels makes a big difference.
> It is listed under Tech Specs, 1920x1080 or 1600x900
> depending on your screen choice. It also is clearly listed
> on the customize it pages. What were you looking at?

I had the same issue a while back, was looking on Dell's web site trying
to see if I could configure a new PC the way I wanted it to take
advantage of a discount through my employer. I did not see screen res
listed explicitly for any laptops on their web site, not even "1080p"
you are correct though it is usually 1920x1080.

I ended up buying a "PowerSpec" desktop at Micro Center and a never-used
Studio 15 laptop off eBay for less money than the "discount" program
price for a single equivalent of either. Both are happily running at
full 1080p :)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.