From: John on
Rather then refilling the cartridges on my HPs series 900 with the
proper ink, I some times, when the ink starts to fail, fill the color
containers with the liquid that comes with the refilling ink. Is it
just water, distilled or not?
It works, it cleans the jets and some times I can't tell the
difference on the color

John
From: s.mark on
On Jun 19, 10:14 am, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
> Rather then refilling the cartridges on my HPs series 900 with the
> proper ink, I some times, when the ink starts to fail, fill the color
> containers with the liquid that comes with the refilling ink. Is it
> just water, distilled or not?
> It works, it cleans the jets and some times I can't tell the
> difference on the color
>
> John

John:
Form my experience, the liquid that you describe is a printhead
cleaning solution that breaks up ink clogs at the printhead and in the
cartridge. I am unsure what the cleaner consists of, other than it is
a solvent of some kind. You can buy the printhead cleaner separately
at many ink sell sites.
From: John on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:04:22 -0700 (PDT), "s.mark"
<s.mark404(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 19, 10:14�am, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
>> Rather then refilling the cartridges on my HPs series 900 with the
>> proper ink, I some times, when the ink starts to fail, fill the color
>> containers with the liquid that comes with the refilling ink. Is it
>> just water, distilled or not?
>> It works, it cleans the jets and some times I can't tell the
>> difference on the color
>>
>> John
>
>John:
>Form my experience, the liquid that you describe is a printhead
>cleaning solution that breaks up ink clogs at the printhead and in the
>cartridge. I am unsure what the cleaner consists of, other than it is
>a solvent of some kind. You can buy the printhead cleaner separately
>at many ink sell sites.

Thanks
Another little trick I am using is to not seal the cartridges holes
after refill. Instead I have glued a small piece of rubber from a
elastic rubber band of about 1/4" under the clip that olds the
cartridge. This works for the series 900 of HP's.
If the cartridge is in the printer, it is sealed. Out of the printer
is ready to refill.

John
From: s.mark on
On Jun 24, 10:52 am, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:04:22 -0700 (PDT), "s.mark"
>

> <s.mark...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jun 19, 10:14 am, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
> >> Rather then refilling the cartridges on my HPs series 900 with the
> >> proper ink, I some times, when the ink starts to fail, fill the color
> >> containers with the liquid that comes with the refilling ink. Is it
> >> just water, distilled or not?
> >> It works, it cleans the jets and some times I can't tell the
> >> difference on the color
>
> >> John
>
> >John:
> >Form my experience, the liquid that you describe is a printhead
> >cleaning solution that breaks up ink clogs at the printhead and in the
> >cartridge.  I am unsure what the cleaner consists of, other than it is
> >a solvent of some kind.  You can buy the  printhead cleaner separately
> >at many ink sell sites.
>
> Thanks
> Another little trick I am using is to not seal the cartridges holes
> after refill. Instead I have glued a small piece of rubber from a
> elastic rubber band of about 1/4" under the clip that olds the
> cartridge. This works for the series 900 of HP's.
> If the cartridge is in the printer, it is sealed. Out of the printer
> is ready to refill.
>
> John

John:
Every ink refill instruction that I have seen advises NOT to seal the
refill holes at the top of the color cartridges; air intake is
apparently needed for the ink to flow. It will flow for a while when
sealed, but then become spotty or stop. If you look very closely at a
new cartridge, in the middle of the seal is a tiny hole for air. On
those cartridges that have a label over the refill holes, e.g. HP56,
the edge of the label reveals a small unsealed spot (on the edge) that
is used for air intake.

I like the older HP printers. I use a HP 820 for everyday printing
and it just keeps chugging along. And the refilled cartridges hold a
lot of ink and are inexpensive--and easy to refill. I also have and
use a HP 750 all in one--ditto for the cartridges.

I have been refilling cartridges for personal use for many years.
From: John on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:04:05 -0700 (PDT), "s.mark"
<s.mark404(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 24, 10:52�am, John <Y...(a)you.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:04:22 -0700 (PDT), "s.mark"
>>

>> <s.mark...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> >John:
>> >Form my experience, the liquid that you describe is a printhead
>> >cleaning solution that breaks up ink clogs at the printhead and in the
>> >cartridge. �I am unsure what the cleaner consists of, other than it is
>> >a solvent of some kind. �You can buy the �printhead cleaner separately
>> >at many ink sell sites.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Another little trick I am using is to not seal the cartridges holes
>> after refill. Instead I have glued a small piece of rubber from a
>> elastic rubber band of about 1/4" under the clip that olds the
>> cartridge. This works for the series 900 of HP's.
>> If the cartridge is in the printer, it is sealed. Out of the printer
>> is ready to refill.
>>
>> John
>
>John:
>Every ink refill instruction that I have seen advises NOT to seal the
>refill holes at the top of the color cartridges; air intake is
>apparently needed for the ink to flow. It will flow for a while when
>sealed, but then become spotty or stop. If you look very closely at a
>new cartridge, in the middle of the seal is a tiny hole for air. On
>those cartridges that have a label over the refill holes, e.g. HP56,
>the edge of the label reveals a small unsealed spot (on the edge) that
>is used for air intake.
>
>I like the older HP printers. I use a HP 820 for everyday printing
>and it just keeps chugging along. And the refilled cartridges hold a
>lot of ink and are inexpensive--and easy to refill. I also have and
>use a HP 750 all in one--ditto for the cartridges.
>
>I have been refilling cartridges for personal use for many years.

That may explain some of the problems that I have some times but the
people that refill cartridges next door, insist that they should be
close.
It may depend on the type of the cartridge. As you mention some may
have other ventilating holes. I can't see them on the ones I use HP 45
and 78 .