From: aaronep on
For approx 3 years I have used a Canon USB laser combination copier/
printer on my HP Desktop with Windows XP operating system.

3 days ago I installed an Samsung CLX 3175 wireless color all in one
(copier,fax,scanner, lprinter) as a second printing device on the
computer. The reason that I want two printers attached is that toner
for the Canon USB costs considerably less than toner for the Samsung.

Unfortunately, now when printing, although both printers are listed
under printers in the Printers menu, only the new Samsung will print.
When I instruct the word process to use the Canon, the message appears
that the Canon is
printing, but complete silence and lack of action at the Canon.

The peculiar oddity is that after the computer is rebooted and started
again, whatever I instructed the Canon to print DOES print while the
computer is rebooting.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may do to have both
printers operating properly?

Best, Aaron
From: aaronep on
On Jun 18, 5:08 pm, "aaro...(a)pacbell.net" <aaro...(a)pacbell.net> wrote:
> For approx 3 years I have used a Canon USB  laser combination copier/
> printer on my  HP Desktop with Windows XP operating system.
>
> 3 days ago I installed an Samsung CLX 3175 wireless color all in one
> (copier,fax,scanner,  lprinter) as a second printing device on the
> computer.   The reason that I want two printers attached is that toner
> for the Canon USB costs considerably less than toner for the Samsung.
>
> Unfortunately, now when printing, although both printers are listed
> under printers in the Printers menu, only the new Samsung will print.
> When I instruct the word process to use the Canon, the message appears
> that the Canon is
> printing, but complete silence and lack of action at the Canon.
>
> The peculiar oddity is that after the computer is rebooted and started
> again, whatever I instructed the Canon to print DOES print while the
> computer is rebooting.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may do to have both
> printers operating properly?
>
> Best, Aaron

PROBLEM SOLVED by Brute Force Technique. I returned the Samsung for
full credit & walked out with the HP Officejet 4500 color all in
one. Both printers work on same computer without conflict. Aaron