From: Diego on
Hi.

I'm working in a FFT project, and I need to do a zoom in a FFT.
Do you know what is the most effective way to do a zoom FFT. Do you
have a code to do it?

Thank you?

Diego

From: Rick Lyons on
On 1 Jul 2005 21:54:13 -0700, "Diego" <diux007(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm working in a FFT project, and I need to do a zoom in a FFT.
>Do you know what is the most effective way to do a zoom FFT. Do you
>have a code to do it?
>
>Thank you?
>
>Diego

Hi,

are you sure you want to perform a Zoom FFT?

Is you goal to minimize the size of your FFT
in order to achieve some given FFT spectral
bin spacing?

I've learned that the Zoom FFT is only computationally
efficient if your decimation factor is greater
than, say 30, and
the number of taps in the filter (FIR) is less
than, say, 30.

Good luck
[-Rick-]

Pages: 1