From: bob young on

"Sweet Ol' Bob (SOB)" wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:59:03 +1000, Masked Avenger
> <cootey59_remove(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> <yawn>
>
> >You seem to be tired a lot lately SOB, perhaps this explains why you
> >seem to be talking in your sleep..... over tiredness causes
> >hallucinations you know ...... now THAT explains a lot of your posts......
>
> <YAWN>
>
> --
>
> Million Mom March For Gun Confiscation
> http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/mmm.html
>
> An atheist visited Isaac Newton and noticed his new toy,
> a mechanical model of the Solar System.
>
> "Who made this?", asked the atheist.
>
> "No one", replied Newton.
>
> "But somebody MUST have made it - it couldn't make itself",
> said the atheist.
>
> "Why do you believe that about the model, but not about the
> real thing?", asked Newton.

which is supposed to prove what?

I should know what I'm talking aboutm I went to the same school as I.N., in
Grantham, Lincs, England

Producing information from the past is to be expected, since that is where
primitive blelifs started, waaaaay, back in the stone age when the primitives
were scared of the evil spirits in the forest that killed their kids as they
were being born. So they dreamed up gods to chase away the 'evil spirits';
some things never change.

From: bob young on

Dan Listermann wrote:

> "Sweet Ol' Bob (SOB)" <sob(a)sob.com> wrote in message

> >>According to some, everything has / needs a cause.
> >
> > Not true.
> >
> >>Are not supreme beings "things?"
> >
> > No. The Supreme Being is an Act.
>
> "Everybody wants to get into the Act"
>
> Here is a thought you may not have considered, the existance of deities is
> "just a theory" and a poorly supported theory at that especially when
> compared to such things as the Theory of Gravity.
>
> "God" is just a theory.....

....you are being too kind. God is a myth, pure and simple

From: bob young on

"Sweet Ol' Bob (SOB)" wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:10:03 -0500, "Dan Listermann"
> <dan(a)listermann.com> wrote:
>
> >"God" is just a theory.
>
> That all depends on what you mean by "God". I would fully agree with
> you in most instances.
>
> But there is one instance where I do not agree with you, and that is
> Existential Metaphysics. There, the "God" is called the Supreme Being.
> This Being must exist, or nothing would exist.

prove it. you cannot so don't post garbage

> This God causes
> Existence.

Bullshit

> That is not a theory but a necessity.

so YOU say, millions disagree

> Unless of course you
> do not acknowledge Existence. But that's pretty hard to do because it
> results in a contradiction. But there are people who claim that
> reality is nothing but contradiction and that Order is an illusion.

a bit like your god

> This is where I part company because I require that anyone who
> discusses this with me at least adopt the same Worldview as I have
> adopted - or else it is impossible to communicate.

Oh you 'require' that do you? Typical human arrogance, which is where,
of course, gods originated. God made man in his own image. What total
garbage, it was the other way round

> People like those described above are not Realists.

they are not arrogant either

> They could never
> do productive Physics, which requires the Worldview of Existential
> Realism.

more garbage

> They are Idealists of one sort who maintain that if there is
> any reality at all that it resides entirely in the mind. Plato and
> Descarte were prime examples of Idealists and so are all the Mystics
> who speak of reality as an illusion (except in their mind, of course).
>
> Atheism can only be experienced by people who are convinced that
> reality is subjective - that there is no objective reality. If there
> is an objective reality, then there must be a Supreme Being that
> causes it.

Good, so I guess you can sleep well tonite.

Tell yer something, when evolution determines the last human dies off
from this planet that human will take the last of the gods with him.

There will be no more gods until the chimps learn to talk in about
another million years time and then there will be more gods [chimp gods]
plus a chimp on the new internet [Oh no!] called SOB [what an appropriate
handle!]

From: bob young on

Hector Plasmic wrote:

> >> what caused the supreme being, etc?
>
> > Prove that the Supreme Being needs a cause.
>
> In order to logically prove things about this "Supreme Being" of yours,
> we'll need to know something more about it, don't you think? Why not
> start with showing us some reason to believe that it exists, and some
> way to determine its properties?
>
> Until then, I'd say that if your "Supreme Being" needs a cause, the
> human imagination would seem to be adequate to the task, and there
> doesn't seem to be any need to discuss it further (sans some reason to
> think it actually exists).

This powerful supreme being that made the universe uses an old book full
of contradictions written by humans to send it's message to the human
population of earth only. The rest of his creations, the animals, or at
least eighty percent of them, eat their food whilst it is still alive.

Some supreme being!

He certainly did not create 'idiots' they are pretty skilled at doing this
themselves

From: wcb on
bob young wrote:

> This powerful supreme being that made the universe uses an old book full
> of contradictions written by humans to send it's message to the human
> population of earth only. The rest of his creations, the animals, or at
> least eighty percent of them, eat their food whilst it is still alive.
>
> Some supreme being!
>
> He certainly did not create 'idiots' they are pretty skilled at doing this
> themselves

"First god created idiots. That was for practice.
Then he created school boards."

- Mark Twain.

Twain would really have fun with Kansas.

--

When I shake my killfile, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next: arithmetic in ZF