From: Ron Hardin on
My old Dell Inspiron 1200 is baffled by .MP4 movies that the new camera
produces. What default program ought I to upgrade?

Windows XP.
--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: Raven on

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/mp4

From: Mike S. on

In article <4BE85B03.6401(a)mindspring.com>,
Ron Hardin <rhhardin(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>My old Dell Inspiron 1200 is baffled by .MP4 movies that the new camera
>produces. What default program ought I to upgrade?
>
>Windows XP.

KMPlayer, Mplayer, and VLC (VideoLAN Player) are all free, come in
portable (no-install) versions, and should be able to play these without
installing additional system codecs.

From: Dave Peterson on
I've switched over to using VLC (http://www.videolan.org) as my default media
player.

I know it doesn't play BluRay (yet), but I don't own any BluRay disks.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Ron Hardin on
Dave Peterson wrote:

> I've switched over to using VLC (http://www.videolan.org) as my default media
> player.
>
> I know it doesn't play BluRay (yet), but I don't own any BluRay disks.
>
> Ron Hardin wrote:
>
> > My old Dell Inspiron 1200 is baffled by .MP4 movies that the new camera
> > produces. What default program ought I to upgrade?
> >
> > Windows XP.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

VLC player works great, thanks guys.