From: Sean Conolly on
I'm considering replacing and selling my Crest board, but I really have no
idea what they're going for now. It's in very good condition - looks like
new and the only functional problem is a couple of the trim pots have a
little noise when turned.

If the going price is too low I'll just hang on to it - no need to dump a
good board.

Thanks,
Sean

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
> I'm considering replacing and selling my Crest board, but I really have no
> idea what they're going for now. It's in very good condition - looks like
> new and the only functional problem is a couple of the trim pots have a
> little noise when turned.
>
> If the going price is too low I'll just hang on to it - no need to dump a
> good board.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

new they are going for 1800-2200 but it doesn't really offer much a
soundcraft lx-7/16 doesnt offer at 1/2 that price
the crest name was dragged thru themud when Peavey bought them
I think it is worth more as a working unit in your inventory than as a for
sale item, pull some more value from it then see what the market is doing
personally I'd have a had time justifying a new xr when products like the
presonus16.4.2 and the O1V96 v2 are at the same price point
george

From: Sean Conolly on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
>> I'm considering replacing and selling my Crest board, but I really have
>> no idea what they're going for now. It's in very good condition - looks
>> like new and the only functional problem is a couple of the trim pots
>> have a little noise when turned.
>>
>> If the going price is too low I'll just hang on to it - no need to dump a
>> good board.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sean
>>

> new they are going for 1800-2200 but it doesn't really offer much a
> soundcraft lx-7/16 doesnt offer at 1/2 that price
> the crest name was dragged thru themud when Peavey bought them
> I think it is worth more as a working unit in your inventory than as a for
> sale item, pull some more value from it then see what the market is doing
> personally I'd have a had time justifying a new xr when products like the
> presonus16.4.2 and the O1V96 v2 are at the same price point
> george

Unfortunately I'm pulling zero value from it since I've switched back to
playing. My band is gigging just about every free night I have now, using
their own rig, so the Crest has just been sitting in a rack covered up. It's
not going to increase in value over time, that's for sure.

Maybe I should look at trading it for some gear that I do need, like a
smaller mixer and an amp. I cover my own monitor needs for my drums, so I
carry a small rack and a couple of 18's for that.

Sean

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm considering replacing and selling my Crest board, but I really have
>>> no idea what they're going for now. It's in very good condition - looks
>>> like new and the only functional problem is a couple of the trim pots
>>> have a little noise when turned.
>>>
>>> If the going price is too low I'll just hang on to it - no need to dump
>>> a good board.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sean
>>>

>> new they are going for 1800-2200 but it doesn't really offer much a
>> soundcraft lx-7/16 doesnt offer at 1/2 that price
>> the crest name was dragged thru themud when Peavey bought them
>> I think it is worth more as a working unit in your inventory than as a
>> for sale item, pull some more value from it then see what the market is
>> doing
>> personally I'd have a had time justifying a new xr when products like the
>> presonus16.4.2 and the O1V96 v2 are at the same price point
>> george
>
> Unfortunately I'm pulling zero value from it since I've switched back to
> playing. My band is gigging just about every free night I have now, using
> their own rig, so the Crest has just been sitting in a rack covered up.
> It's not going to increase in value over time, that's for sure.
>
> Maybe I should look at trading it for some gear that I do need, like a
> smaller mixer and an amp. I cover my own monitor needs for my drums, so I
> carry a small rack and a couple of 18's for that.
>
> Sean

I have had good luck listing items on the pro sound forums,
www.prosoudweb.com and www.proaudiospace.com
both offer a free classified section
George

Pages: 1