From: trip_to_tokyo on
I am looking at a Worksheet where it contains the folllowing formula:-

=SUBTOTAL(109,[Sales])

I can see and understand what the formula is doing and why it is doing it.

I know what the 109 means.

What I don't understand is the:-

[Sales]

- part.

I have checked the Worksheet and there is no Range Name defined.

My question is: what is the:-

[Sales]

- part.

It appears to be some kind of Range Name (array? maybe).

TIA for any replies.

From: Bob Phillips on
It is a column in a table, Sales is the heading for that column.

--

HTH

Bob

"trip_to_tokyo" <info(a)pierrefondes.com> wrote in message
>I am looking at a Worksheet where it contains the folllowing formula:-
>
> =SUBTOTAL(109,[Sales])
>
> I can see and understand what the formula is doing and why it is doing it.
>
> I know what the 109 means.
>
> What I don't understand is the:-
>
> [Sales]
>
> - part.
>
> I have checked the Worksheet and there is no Range Name defined.
>
> My question is: what is the:-
>
> [Sales]
>
> - part.
>
> It appears to be some kind of Range Name (array? maybe).
>
> TIA for any replies.

Pages: 1
Prev: Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Next: #ref