From: Programming Guides on
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Programming Guides <
> programming.guides(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've played and still play StarCraft: Brood War a lot. StarCraft 2 is now
> > available for pre-order and the beta is active. I'm looking forward to it
> > but I'm not looking forward to how much time I'll sink into it :)
> >
> > --
> > Viktor
> > http://programming-guides.com
> >

> I am amazed at how long Starcraft has lasted, and how popular it still is.
> Is the MMORPG version Starcraft 2? Or is that yet another one?
>

> --
> -Dan Joseph
>
> www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
> Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order
>
> http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
> http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry

It's not an MMO; it's still an RTS. It's just new graphics, new interface,
some rebalancing and a continuation of the storyline.

--
http://programming-guides.com
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Dan Joseph <dmjoseph(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Programming Guides <
> > programming.guides(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've played and still play StarCraft: Brood War a lot. StarCraft 2
> > > is now available for pre-order and the beta is active. I'm looking
> > > forward to it but I'm not looking forward to how much time I'll sink
> > > into it :)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Viktor
> > > http://programming-guides.com
> > >

> > I am amazed at how long Starcraft has lasted, and how popular it still
is.
> > Is the MMORPG version Starcraft 2? Or is that yet another one?
> >

> > --
> > -Dan Joseph
> >
> > www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.
> > Promo Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order
> >
> > http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
> > http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry
> >

> It's not an MMO; it's still an RTS. It's just new graphics, new interface,
some
> rebalancing and a continuation of the storyline.
>
> --
> http://programming-guides.com

From the previews/trailers I've seen, there is no 4th race that was in the
final (bonus ?) mission in the Starcraft+Broodwar. In that mission, there
was an experiment done on all 3 races. IIRC, the 4th race is supposed to be
a combination of all the good from other 3 races.

From: David Harkness on
Left 4 Dead 2, by far my favorite game on the PC, is my current fixation. I
enjoy Battlefield 2: Bad Company but tend to get annoyed having to face
opponents 5-10 x my level. You can find me as Captain Cujo on both games.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Nathan Rixham <nrixham(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> however, there is one
> caveat which is Civilization 4 (which i haven't played for about 2 years
> now)

If you'd like to enjoy Civ4 again, might I humbly suggest you grab The BUG
Mod (BTS Unaltered Gameplay) if you have the Beyond the Sword expansion
pack. It doesn't alter any game rules as the name suggests, but it vastly
improves the user interface. BAT includes BUG plus a bunch of nice terrain
and civilization-specific graphics to make it very pretty if your video card
is more modern. I'm EmperorFool, the lead developer on the BUG team.

There are other quality game-changing mods for Civ4 such as Legends of
Revolution, History of Three Kingdoms, Dune Wars, and Rise of Mankind that
add more spice to the game.