From: Andy B. on
I have an object that works sort of like an agragator by gathering different
types of information that is saved by the application. This information are
things like collections of Headlines, Events, RSS feed posts from any given
number of rss feeds and so on. The information gathered is displayed on the
main screen of the app. My question is, what would I name this class/object?

From: Peter Duniho on
Andy B. wrote:
> I have an object that works sort of like an agragator by gathering different
> types of information that is saved by the application. This information are
> things like collections of Headlines, Events, RSS feed posts from any given
> number of rss feeds and so on. The information gathered is displayed on the
> main screen of the app. My question is, what would I name this class/object?

What's wrong with "Aggregator"? Is it just that it's hard to spell? :)
From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Andy B." <a_borka(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have an object that works sort of like an agragator by gathering
>different types of information that is saved by the application. This
>information are things like collections of Headlines, Events, RSS feed
>posts from any given number of rss feeds and so on. The information
>gathered is displayed on the main screen of the app. My question is, what
>would I name this class/object?

Look at the words in your own description of the object to choose a name
for it. From the paragraph that you have written, you could name it
"Aggregator" or "InformationAggregator".

From: Andy B. on

"Peter Duniho" <no.peted.spam(a)no.nwlink.spam.com> wrote in message
> Andy B. wrote:
>> I have an object that works sort of like an agragator by gathering
>> different types of information that is saved by the application. This
>> information are things like collections of Headlines, Events, RSS feed
>> posts from any given number of rss feeds and so on. The information
>> gathered is displayed on the main screen of the app. My question is, what
>> would I name this class/object?
>
> What's wrong with "Aggregator"? Is it just that it's hard to spell? :)

heh... oops

From: Mr. Arnold on
Andy B. wrote:
> I have an object that works sort of like an agragator by gathering different
> types of information that is saved by the application. This information are
> things like collections of Headlines, Events, RSS feed posts from any given
> number of rss feeds and so on. The information gathered is displayed on the
> main screen of the app. My question is, what would I name this class/object?

HelperSomething the Something being a more precise name to the over
functionality.