From: Jack Rabbitt on
Hi All,

I have an xda orbit phone.

I always leave my phone on overnight, just recently my phones gone from 100%
battery to 50% by morning, or last night, it went from 70% to dead!

The only thing i can think of, is I used to have an old contract with didnt
have GPRS with it. so i never got the G icon. Now i am getting the G icon.

Obvisously, im not actually using the phone myself in the night, would it be
possible the phone is connecting to the interent on its own?

Is there some settigns i should check for, to see if its always connecting
etc?

Thanks.

From: Graham. on

"Jack Rabbitt" <a(a)b.com> wrote in message news:_IrLn.322744$Jq1.190555(a)en-nntp-05.dc1.easynews.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I have an xda orbit phone.
>
> I always leave my phone on overnight, just recently my phones gone from 100% battery to 50% by morning, or last night, it went
> from 70% to dead!
>
> The only thing i can think of, is I used to have an old contract with didnt have GPRS with it. so i never got the G icon. Now i
> am getting the G icon.
>
> Obvisously, im not actually using the phone myself in the night, would it be possible the phone is connecting to the interent on
> its own?
>
> Is there some settigns i should check for, to see if its always connecting etc?
>
> Thanks.

What is the signal level like in the location you leave the phone overnight?

Why isn't the phone on charge overnight?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

From: Jack Rabbitt on

"Graham." <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Jack Rabbitt" <a(a)b.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have an xda orbit phone.
>>
>> I always leave my phone on overnight, just recently my phones gone from
>> 100% battery to 50% by morning, or last night, it went from 70% to dead!
>>
>> The only thing i can think of, is I used to have an old contract with
>> didnt have GPRS with it. so i never got the G icon. Now i am getting the
>> G icon.
>>
>> Obvisously, im not actually using the phone myself in the night, would it
>> be possible the phone is connecting to the interent on its own?
>>
>> Is there some settigns i should check for, to see if its always
>> connecting etc?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> What is the signal level like in the location you leave the phone
> overnight?
>
> Why isn't the phone on charge overnight?
>
> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Singal is reasonally poor when i live, usually get a bar or so, but it also
comes and goes, does a lot of cutting out, however this has been the same
for last 3 years since ive had the xda phone.

i dont charge phone overnight, as it be on all night otherwise, usually do
it on the pc before bed.

From: Whiskers on
On 2010-05-27, Jack Rabbitt <a(a)b.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an xda orbit phone.
>
> I always leave my phone on overnight, just recently my phones gone from 100%
> battery to 50% by morning, or last night, it went from 70% to dead!
>
> The only thing i can think of, is I used to have an old contract with didnt
> have GPRS with it. so i never got the G icon. Now i am getting the G icon.
>
> Obvisously, im not actually using the phone myself in the night, would it be
> possible the phone is connecting to the interent on its own?
>
> Is there some settigns i should check for, to see if its always connecting
> etc?
>
> Thanks.

Are any programs running through the night to check for new email or RSS
articles or whatever?

Make sure that the audio/video player FM Bluetooth WiFi and GPS are
switched off when not being used.

Trying to stay connected in a weak or erratic signal area does use more
power.

Batteries don't last forever - eventually they lose the ability to hold a
charge at all.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: alexd on
On 27/05/10 11:21, Jack Rabbitt wrote:

> I always leave my phone on overnight, just recently my phones gone from 100%
> battery to 50% by morning, or last night, it went from 70% to dead!

I'm not sure how phones determine the capacity left in the battery, but
IME it's not reliable. I find they show as 'full' for most of the time,
then once you hit a certain point they show as empty, seemingly without
any time spent in between full and empty.

And another thing, a full six bars of charge showing on a brand new
battery is not comparable to a full six bars on a battery that's two
years old and has had regular use. The former may give 48 hours use from
full to empty, the latter 6 hours.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
20:11:29 up 29 days, 20:52, 0 users, load average: 0.20, 0.19, 0.17