From: J G Miller on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:39:55 +0200, houghi wrote:

> Anybody know from past exprience when the NVidia drivers will be
> available on nvidea.com?

They will be available when NVidia put them there when they are ready
and have undergone quality testing.
From: mjt on
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> Anybody know from past exprience when the NVidia drivers will be
> available on nvidea.com? I know it won;t be immediatly, but I can't
> remember how log it took. Days? Weeks? Months?
>
> I know I could use the 11.2 ones or build them myself, but I am lazy.
> :-D

The script builds it for you.

--
A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy,
but won't cross the street to vote in a national election.

From: J G Miller on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:29:51 +0200, houghi wrote:

> What I do not recall is how long it took the last few
> distributions.

And do you think that people in this newsgroup made an historical
record for previous distributions?

Since it is probable that nobody from NVidia reads or posts to
this newsgroup, have you considered asking NVidia directly with
an e-mail or telephone message?

> Just an estimate like "Last time it came out after about 2 weeks" or
> "last time it took 17 months" or "last time it was available 3 months
> before the distro came out" or ...

Last time it was ... erm, I cannot remember.
From: MrTallyman on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:29:51 +0200, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid>
wrote:

>J G Miller wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:39:55 +0200, houghi wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody know from past exprience when the NVidia drivers will be
>>> available on nvidea.com?
>>
>> They will be available when NVidia put them there when they are ready
>> and have undergone quality testing.
>
>I know. What I do not recall is how long it took the last few
>distributions. Just to get an idea. Was that days, weeks or months?
>Yes, I do understand that there is no way of predicting the future and
>that there is no guarantee on the actual date and even if it will come
>out or in what form.
>
>Just an estimate like "Last time it came out after about 2 weeks" or
>"last time it took 17 months" or "last time it was available 3 months
>before the distro came out" or ...
>
>houghi

Just grab the beta driver until it gets tested and released.

You know... the same way one does with latest and greatest Suse
releases... like 11.3 RCs. Naaaaaw!
From: MrTallyman on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:03:04 +0200, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid>
wrote:

>mjt wrote:
>>> I know I could use the 11.2 ones or build them myself, but I am lazy.
>>> :-D
>>
>> The script builds it for you.
>
>I am VERY lazy. :-D
>
>I just like to have as much done via YaST.
>
>houghi

What a lot.

Lazy
Old
Turkey
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Simple hack to get $500 to your home.
Next: Rebooting