From: Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) on
It was a separate disk. If your friend didn't give it to you, then you don't
have it.

Rick

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ken Hall wrote:
> A couple of years ago an aquaintance who'd gone to NET gave me his
> copy of VB6. I've use VB5 for years and continued using it until last
> week when I finally installed his copy of VB6. When I try to access
> Help I get this message:
>
> The MSDN collection does not exist. Please reinstall MSDN
>
> I can't find anything about a MSDN collection on the disk. Where is
> it and how do I get it?

What Rick said.

Rumor has it, though, it's floating through the torrents. Specifically, you'll want
the "October 2001 MSDN". HTH!
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Bob Butler on
"Ken Hall" <kenhall2REMOVE(a)houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>A couple of years ago an aquaintance who'd gone to NET gave me his
> copy of VB6.

You do know that if your friend bought an upgrade license then you don't
have a license to use it.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bob Butler wrote:
> "Ken Hall" <kenhall2REMOVE(a)houston.rr.com> wrote ...
>> A couple of years ago an aquaintance who'd gone to NET gave me his
>> copy of VB6.
>
> You do know that if your friend bought an upgrade license then you don't
> have a license to use it.

If his friend bought an "upgrade" license, there may be cause for action under the
implied warranty of merchantability, eh?
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: BeastFish on
> If your friend didn't give it to you, then you don't have it.

That's sort of... Zen like <g>

Like that old George Carlin thing about "final destination" being redundant?
"If you haven't gotten to where you're going, you're not there yet"