From: Jeffrey on

I tried to find a Miscrosoft download for IIS 5.1, but found only some
security patch links. Where can I find the download link for IIS 5.1?

Another question: What is the IIS version in the XP Pro CD? I may already
have download some IIS 6 files on my PC. Do I need to clean these IIS 6
files before downloading IIS 5.1? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey
From: "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk mvps on
"Jeffrey" <Jeffrey(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I tried to find a Miscrosoft download for IIS 5.1, but found only some
> security patch links. Where can I find the download link for IIS 5.1?

You can't. It can only be installed from the XP Pro CD.

> Another question: What is the IIS version in the XP Pro CD? I may already
> have download some IIS 6 files on my PC. Do I need to clean these IIS 6
> files before downloading IIS 5.1? Thanks.

It's 5.1. No, since you can't download IIS 6 either. What IIS 6 files are
you talking about?

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/