From: muzician21 on
Just got an ebay computer with an Antec P-160 case. Apparently they
came with these slide-in drive adapters, but only the included C-Drive
has one.

Anyone know where I might find them?

Here's a pic.

http://www.combatsim.com/img/6/6/6/csim014.jpg.htm

Thanks for all input.

From: muzician21 on
On Dec 29, 8:28 pm, Steve <iva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:

> Did you check Antec's store for accessories?
>
> http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Spare+Parts&searchpath=
> 7f000001125dd2692b7f3&start=41&total=76

They show what appear to be the rails but there's a tray for the drive
that they attach to that doesn't seem to be listed.

From: Paul on
muzician21 wrote:
> On Dec 29, 8:28 pm, Steve <iva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you check Antec's store for accessories?
>>
>> http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Spare+Parts&searchpath=
>> 7f000001125dd2692b7f3&start=41&total=76
>

> They show what appear to be the rails but there's a tray for the drive
> that they attach to that doesn't seem to be listed.

That tray shown in your combatsim.com picture, looks like the same
kind of try that comes with a Sonata side-loading bay.

http://www.antec.com/Detail.bok?no=514

That style of tray, bolts to the bottom of the drive. The
tray slides into the side-loading cage, until the two spring
clips on the end snap into place.

These pictures show a 3.5" drive fastened to a Sonata tray.

http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/hard_drive_mounting_screws_tray_cr.jpg

http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/hard_drive_mounted_in_tray.jpg

The only question that remains, is why Antec didn't update the
description in their store, to reflect all the computer cases
that use that tray. Maybe you could email them and verify it is the
right one.

Paul
From: Charlie Hoffpauir on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:25:21 -0800 (PST), muzician21
<muzician21(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Dec 29, 8:28�pm, Steve <iva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you check Antec's store for accessories?
>>
>> http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Spare+Parts&searchpath=
>> 7f000001125dd2692b7f3&start=41&total=76
>

>They show what appear to be the rails but there's a tray for the drive
>that they attach to that doesn't seem to be listed.

It's on the previous page to the one shown. Or just go to the start
page and look through them all.
http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Spare+Parts
From: Charlie Hoffpauir on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:51:35 -0800, Steve <ivalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>In article <j6pmj5tidmccvq94pqotvqj6f6n24qfspm(a)4ax.com>,
>invalid(a)invalid.com says...
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:25:21 -0800 (PST), muzician21
>> <muzician21(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >They show what appear to be the rails but there's a tray for the drive
>> >that they attach to that doesn't seem to be listed.
>>
>> It's on the previous page to the one shown. Or just go to the start
>> page and look through them all.
>> http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Spare+Parts
>
>I was hoping that the OP was smart enough to check the other pages
>since he has the case to compare to and I don't. Or contact Antec
>for help. Oh well.

Well, he bought a used case and the seller decided to keep most of the
trays for himself.... If the OP buys those missing trays from the
Antec store at the prices they are charging, he'll probably be paying
more for that used case than he would have paid for a new one. I had a
teacher years ago that often said "it takes all kinds of people to
make a world.... and we've got 'em!"