From: Attilio Brighenti Attilio on
I have a similar problem but with Windows 7 64 bit fromwhich I uninstalled
erroneously the 32bit vesion of IE (now I need to reinstall it as Flash
Player does not work on IE 8 64 bit). My problem is that after downloading
the IE 8 installation file for Win Vista 64 bit (I didn't find any for Win 7
64 bit) when oushing the "Run" button on request, the message "This version
of Internet explorer is not compatible with this version of Windows" (or
alike)
How can I reinstall IE 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You cannot uninstall IE8 32-bit (or IE8 64-bit) in Win7 but you can disable
access to it.

Re-enable access via
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Also see this discussion about Win7 64-bit and Flash:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/babaa5f8-ff06-4ea2-aef6-a9416d65f981
--
~PA Bear

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
IE8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, is part of Windows 7 by default and you
certainly can't install the Vista version. To re-enable IE8, go to Control
Panel, Programs and Features, and select Turn Windows Features On or Off
from the left hand pane. Make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 8 is
checked.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Attilio Brighenti" <Attilio Brighenti(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F76DA93A-79E9-4B06-B820-AF6551D98A8F(a)microsoft.com...