From: Thomas R. Kettler on
I'd like to copy the Address Book file of names, etc. from one machine
to another. Where is the file kept on one's hard drive. Thank you.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: nospam on
In article <tkettler-658668.16115119072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Thomas R. Kettler <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:

> I'd like to copy the Address Book file of names, etc. from one machine
> to another. Where is the file kept on one's hard drive. Thank you.

a better way is just export it, then import it on the other machine.
look in the file menu.
From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article <190720101619236400%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article <tkettler-658668.16115119072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Thomas R. Kettler <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to copy the Address Book file of names, etc. from one machine
> > to another. Where is the file kept on one's hard drive. Thank you.
>
> a better way is just export it, then import it on the other machine.
> look in the file menu.

The export only allows you to do one entry. However, the Back Up Address
Book does what you'd suggested. Thanks.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: Hylton Boothroyd on
Thomas R. Kettler <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:
> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > Thomas R. Kettler <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to copy the Address Book file of names, etc. from one machine
> > > to another. Where is the file kept on one's hard drive. Thank you.
> >
> > a better way is just export it, then import it on the other machine.
> > look in the file menu.
>
> The export only allows you to do one entry.

I also thought that yesterday. Apple's Help reads like that (in 10.3
and 10.4 anyway).

But I've just transferred the entire 300+ entries in my address book in
2 minutes to someone else's address book on another machine using
Export Group vCard...
to produce a single file with everything in it, and using
Import
on the other machine. The transfer was from Tiger to Panther.

> However, the Back Up Address Book does what you'd suggested.

But when I tried that, I discovered that clicking on it produces the
warning that the next move will over-write the original. Bit too
hyperactive for my taste!

--
Hylton