From: Diane Low on
The course we are developing uses the Jump/Print/Return variable to print a
glossary. We added the Web Player Security KO, (with the trusted domains
added) to the course so that it would run in "trusted" mode and allow this
variable.

When publishing, the "Show Security Dialog checkbox is checked on the For Web
PLayer Tab. We have put the course on our LMS (Pathlore) test server. The
course launches with no problem.

However, when the Print glossary button is clicked, a pop-up window appears
with "Where is the exe for Glossary_Final3_12_07.doc?" The document is located
in a Files folder on the same level as the Xtra folder on the published course.

In the course programming, the calculation icon for the glossary button
contains the following address:
JumpPrintReturn("",FileLocation^"Files\\Glossary_Final3_12_07.doc"). Any
suggestions on why this isn't working? Thanks, Diane

From: Paul Swanson on
When packaged for the web, FileLocation is the location of the Web Player.
NetLocation is the location of the .aam file, so you will want to use
NetLocation in place of FileLocation.

If you want your code to work whether packaged for the web or as an exe, you
could use the following:

JumpPrintReturn("", test(NetConnected, NetLocation,
FileLocation)^"Files\\Glossary_Final3_12_07.doc")

--
_______________________

Paul Swanson
Portland, Oregon, USA
_______________________

From: Diane Low on
Thank you for the quick response. I am putting it on the test server now. The
address you gave looks like it will work. We had tried the following code,
but it didn't work. Thanks Paul!
Diane

if NetConnected then
JumpPrintReturn("",NetLocation^"files\\Glossary_Final3_12_07.doc")
else
JumpPrintReturn("word.exe",FileLocation^"files//Glossary_Final3_12_07.doc")

From: Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert* on
I don't really think that JumpPrintReturn works with a URL. You should
probably put it in OBP instead. Also please note that the backslash (\) is
for local paths and the forward slash is for network ones. You have it
backward.

From: Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert* on
Did you make sure that the glossary did, in fact, get downloaded where you
thought it was?