From: John Pollard on
Pungh0li0 wrote:
> On Jul 31, 11:42 am, Pungh0li0 <joe.del...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 31, 11:35 am, Han <nob...(a)nospam.not> wrote:
>>

>>> Pungh0li0 <joe.del...(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>>> 79354098b...(a)k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

>>> It's in the downloade transaction window. Highlight a transaction,
>>> and click the edit button, or so. More here (should be 1 line):
>>> <http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/online-
>>> services/download/2286.html>
>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Han
>>> email address is invalid
>>
>> Yeah, I read that article.
>> When looking at the transaction registry, there is no "Downloaded
>> Transactions" tab. When I click Edit there is no "Manual Transaction"
>> option.
>>
>> Thanks, Joe
>
> Here is a picture of what I see. I cut out personal data.
> http://phoebeallens.com/test/quicken.jpg

It appears you have the option to "Automatically add downloaded
transactions to register" selected (I think that is the default for new
users). See Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences > Downloaded
Transactions.

If you have had Quicken automatically add downloaded transactions to your
register, you can still do a manual match, but the technique is
differerent.

Notice the register transactions that have a small pencil or calendar icon
below their transaction dates. The pencil icon means
not-downloaded/not-cleared. The calendar means much the same thing,
except it is a transaction generated from your Bill and Income Reminders
List (rather than manually entered).

You can click on either of those type icons and be offered the chance to
"Match to a downloaded transaction".

[You can hover the cursor on those icons to see what the represent. As I
recall, the small blue dot is a downloaded transaction.]

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help