From: Steve Douglas on
I'm looking for a netbook under $200 (if possible) to download photos off my
camera, so running Windows would be great. Not really sure about what are
good models and different places I could buy from? Cheers for any good
tips.

Cheers,
Doug

From: Rob on
On 2/08/2010 1:50 PM, Steve Douglas wrote:
> I'm looking for a netbook under $200 (if possible) to download photos off my
> camera, so running Windows would be great. Not really sure about what are
> good models and different places I could buy from? Cheers for any good
> tips.
>
> Cheers,
> Doug

Off the NET :)

Do some research to start with and see what's available - specification
wise.
From: Clocky on
Steve Douglas wrote:
> I'm looking for a netbook under $200 (if possible) to download photos
> off my camera, so running Windows would be great. Not really sure
> about what are good models and different places I could buy from? Cheers
> for any good tips.

There's this one, though it runs Linux and it's screen size is a bit on the
small size... still it's under $200.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=4923

I bought items including a netbook (eeePC with 10" screen, not the one
above) from that site and never had any problems FWIW.

From: Owen on
On Aug 2, 2:56 pm, "Clocky" <notg...(a)happen.com> wrote:
> Steve Douglas wrote:
> > I'm looking for a netbook under $200 (if possible) to download photos
> > off my camera, so running Windows would be great.  Not really sure
> > about what are good models and different places I could buy from? Cheers
> > for any good tips.
>
> There's this one, though it runs Linux and it's screen size is a bit on the
> small size... still it's under $200.
>
> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=4923
>
> I bought items including a netbook (eeePC with 10" screen, not the one
> above) from that site and never had any problems FWIW.

That thing looks like the UbiSurfer I saw in another store for AUD$99,
I wasn't impressed with it looks. The 800x480 display is pretty poor.

Also the 128 MB of RAM + 1gb of Flash makes it fairly useless for my
purposes, but still it was nice to note the price. CofD price seems to
include a Internet service + Cloud storage, not a $100 worth in my
view

Catch of the Day have also been getting rid of 10" HP for $299. 160GB
of hdd, makes it an ideal companion for storage.

Owen
From: Clocky on
Owen wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2:56 pm, "Clocky" <notg...(a)happen.com> wrote:
>> Steve Douglas wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a netbook under $200 (if possible) to download
>>> photos off my camera, so running Windows would be great. Not really
>>> sure
>>> about what are good models and different places I could buy from?
>>> Cheers for any good tips.
>>
>> There's this one, though it runs Linux and it's screen size is a bit
>> on the small size... still it's under $200.
>>
>> http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=4923
>>
>> I bought items including a netbook (eeePC with 10" screen, not the
>> one above) from that site and never had any problems FWIW.
>

> That thing looks like the UbiSurfer I saw in another store for AUD$99,
> I wasn't impressed with it looks. The 800x480 display is pretty poor.

For under $100 it's still a reasonable on-the-go device, where did you see
it at that price?

> Also the 128 MB of RAM + 1gb of Flash makes it fairly useless for my
> purposes, but still it was nice to note the price. CofD price seems to
> include a Internet service + Cloud storage, not a $100 worth in my
> view
>
> Catch of the Day have also been getting rid of 10" HP for $299. 160GB
> of hdd, makes it an ideal companion for storage.

Indeed, for around $300 you can get something pretty reasonable - the $200
budget is a bit limiting IMO.