From: mjt on
So I thought I'd add some more repos for 11.3,
so I can complete my software inventory ...

Repos I have so far:
=======================================
Base Factory
Factory Contrib
Main Repository (Contrib)
Mozilla Alpha
NVIDIA Repository
OpenOffice Unstable
openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82
openSUSE-11.3-Debug
openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss
openSUSE-11.3-Source Updates for openSUSE 11.3
openSUSE BuildService - Mozilla
openSUSE BuildService - OpenOffice.org
openSUSE BuildService - Virtualization (VirtualBox)
openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds
Packman Repository
Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82
VideoLan Repository
=======================================

I mount the partition for my 11.2 so I can check
the other repos I have setup for 11.2 ... so I:
mjt(a)stimpy:~> cd sda2/etc/zypp/repos.d
mjt(a)stimpy:~> ls
[...]
mjt(a)stimpy:~/sda2/etc/zypp/repos.d> sudo grep baseurl *oogle*
google-chrome.repo:baseurl=
http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64
Google_Linux_32bit_repo.repo:baseurl=
http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/i386
Google_Linux_software_repository.repo:baseurl=
http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64

I plug those URL's into my browser and for each one
of them, I get "requested URL not on server" WTH?
I wanted to browser around the Google repos via
browser so I can search out "unknown" repos. Nothing
for "http://dl.google.com/linux" either.

--
If God had intended Man to Watch TV, He would
have given him Rabbit Ears.

From: mjt on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:45:07 -0500
mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> google-chrome.repo:baseurl=
> http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64
> Google_Linux_32bit_repo.repo:baseurl=
> http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/i386
> Google_Linux_software_repository.repo:baseurl=
> http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64
>
> I plug those URL's into my browser and for each one
> of them, I get "requested URL not on server" WTH?
> I wanted to browser around the Google repos via
> browser so I can search out "unknown" repos. Nothing
> for "http://dl.google.com/linux" either.

The thing is, I can add the Google repos (I notice one
is a duplicate of another) fine and I can see the
software in each of the Google repos, but I was hoping
to browse the repos via HTTP, but can't ... I guess
Google has those URLs locked down for browsing (?)

--
All progress is based upon a universal innate desire
on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.