From: ridergroov on
1. I'm getting ready to build my new system with an E6600 Core 2 duo
in it. I know before with the P4s I knew that an 800mhz FSB CPU used
400Mhz but I don't know the matches for the core 2s and the new PC2
ram. If someone could help me out with that, that would be great.

2. What is the best chipset and board to get for the core 2s? I am
planning on buying an Asus mobo with an Intel Chipset of some kind but
have no clue even where to start with all the chipsets and boards
offered..

Thanks!

From: GMAN on
In article <1182891519.853552.112200(a)k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, ridergroov <ridergroov1(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>1. I'm getting ready to build my new system with an E6600 Core 2 duo
>in it. I know before with the P4s I knew that an 800mhz FSB CPU used
>400Mhz but I don't know the matches for the core 2s and the new PC2
>ram. If someone could help me out with that, that would be great.
>
>2. What is the best chipset and board to get for the core 2s? I am
>planning on buying an Asus mobo with an Intel Chipset of some kind but
>have no clue even where to start with all the chipsets and boards
>offered..
>
>Thanks!

I went with the Asus Commando , an E6000 CPU and PC2-6400 Ram

I run the cpu overclocked at 3.2Ghz, and it doesnt even break 30c

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-commando.html
From: ridergroov on
That sounds pretty good. Probably going to wait thought to get a
Q6600 after the price drop. I"ll see what boards are available then.
Trying to find the PK5C but no dice.

From: GMAN on
In article <1183045788.226849.145140(a)q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, ridergroov <ridergroov1(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>That sounds pretty good. Probably going to wait thought to get a
>Q6600 after the price drop. I"ll see what boards are available then.
>Trying to find the PK5C but no dice.

Yeah, the quad sounded sweet when i was building my system but the price at
the time was way out of line.
From: Barry Watzman on
First choice for memory is probably 800MHz (PC2-6400).

Motherboard: If you don't want RAID, dual video cards or WiFi on the
motherboard, the best choice, in my opinion, is a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
(it's very similar to the Asus P5B-E (which replaced the P5B), but there
is quite a lot of opinion that thinks it's slightly better).

If you want any of those more advanced items, then you need a different
motherboard that is going to take some more research depending on what
features you want.

ridergroov wrote:
> 1. I'm getting ready to build my new system with an E6600 Core 2 duo
> in it. I know before with the P4s I knew that an 800mhz FSB CPU used
> 400Mhz but I don't know the matches for the core 2s and the new PC2
> ram. If someone could help me out with that, that would be great.
>
> 2. What is the best chipset and board to get for the core 2s? I am
> planning on buying an Asus mobo with an Intel Chipset of some kind but
> have no clue even where to start with all the chipsets and boards
> offered..
>
> Thanks!

Pages: 1
Prev: A8N-E Revision numbers