From: Leland C. Scott on
I'm looking for a good stable version of WebPack that supports the old
Spartan and Spartan-2 devices for legacy product maintenance. Any
recommendations?

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

From: Brian Drummond on
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:36:05 -0500, "Leland C. Scott" <kc8ldo(a)arrl.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for a good stable version of WebPack that supports the old
>Spartan and Spartan-2 devices for legacy product maintenance. Any
>recommendations?
>
>Regards;

I would suggest 7.1 as stable and pretty good; but check the documentation for
supported devices before downloading.

- Brian
From: Gabor on
On Jan 15, 9:27 am, Brian Drummond <brian_drumm...(a)btconnect.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:36:05 -0500, "Leland C. Scott" <kc8...(a)arrl.net> wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a good stable version of WebPack that supports the old
> >Spartan and Spartan-2 devices for legacy product maintenance. Any
> >recommendations?
>
> >Regards;
>
> I would suggest 7.1 as stable and pretty good; but check the documentation for
> supported devices before downloading.
>
> - Brian

I believe you need to go back to 4.2 for the original Spartan
series and XC4000 parts. This version will also work with
Spartan 2 but not Spartan 2e. You need at least 5.1 for
Spartan 2e, but if you're going to have multiple versions
you might as well use version 7.1 I have also heard that
version 6.3 is quite stable, although I skipped that version.
If you want a version that is sill supported, you might
consider 10.1 for the Spartan 2.

regards,
Gabor
From: ghelbig on
On Jan 15, 10:49 am, Gabor <ga...(a)alacron.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 9:27 am, Brian Drummond <brian_drumm...(a)btconnect.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:36:05 -0500, "Leland C. Scott" <kc8...(a)arrl.net> wrote:
>
> > >I'm looking for a good stable version of WebPack that supports the old
> > >Spartan and Spartan-2 devices for legacy product maintenance. Any
> > >recommendations?
>
> > >Regards;
>
> > I would suggest 7.1 as stable and pretty good; but check the documentation for
> > supported devices before downloading.
>
> > - Brian
>
> I believe you need to go back to 4.2 for the original Spartan
> series and XC4000 parts.  This version will also work with
> Spartan 2 but not Spartan 2e.  You need at least 5.1 for
> Spartan 2e, but if you're going to have multiple versions
> you might as well use version 7.1  I have also heard that
> version 6.3 is quite stable, although I skipped that version.
> If you want a version that is sill supported, you might
> consider 10.1 for the Spartan 2.
>
> regards,
> Gabor

That matches my memory: 4.2i was the last version that supported the
Spartan and XC4000 series. 4.2i is "pre-XST", so high-level language
support is no longer available.

Version 6.3 is the last version with EDK support for the Spartan-II.

There may not be a (single) version that supports (all of) the Spartan-
I and Spartan-II devices.

$.02,
Gary.