From: me on
I have a really nice 26" LED edge lit Vizio TV

Id like to buy a new desktop for use with this TV as a
computer monitor and of course for use to watch TV and
saved videos on the desktop

Any advice on which Dell desktop would make a nice
"mate" for this HDTV?
From: Mike Marquis on
Not a direct answer, but I use an Inspiron 1535 (laptop) with my 1080p 46"
Samsung LED lit TV. I can stream Netflix and play DVDs with this through its
HDMI connection. I also do this from across the room through a Bluetooth
mouse and keyboard. For a while I also ran a Hauppauge TV tuner through this
for a DVR with this mashup. Win7 with 2GHz dual core.

I would guess that if you have an HDMI on any modern desktop you would be in
pretty good shape.

Mike

From: me on
"Mike Marquis" <mike-marquis(a)tx.rr.com> wrote:

>Not a direct answer, but I use an Inspiron 1535 (laptop) with my 1080p 46"
>Samsung LED lit TV. I can stream Netflix and play DVDs with this through its
>HDMI connection. I also do this from across the room through a Bluetooth
>mouse and keyboard. For a while I also ran a Hauppauge TV tuner through this
>for a DVR with this mashup. Win7 with 2GHz dual core.

yeah I thought abt using a laptop as well..... but it
seems a bit silly for something that will never get
moved