From: Daddy on
Doug wrote:

>> Hmmm. Interesting discussion. I have a question: Why are virtually all
>> wireless printers built with 802.11g when 802.11n went final long ago?
>>
>> Yes, you certainly can find native .11n printers, but there are
>> very few of them. Even brand new PIXMAs have .11g wireless. Why not use
>> .11n?
>>
>> Daddy
>
> To widen the target pool.
>
> Not everybody has "N."
>
> Virtually everyone who has wireless has "g."
>
> AFAIK Everybody who has "N" also has "g."
>
> i.e... a printer based on "g" works for virtually everyone with wireless.

Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't thought of that.

I also conducted a wholly unscientific experiment: I surveyed the
wireless connections in my (suburban) neighborhood, and I am the only
one using wireless -n!

Daddy
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/7/2010 9:41 AM, Daddy wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>>

>>> Hmmm. Interesting discussion. I have a question: Why are virtually all
>>> wireless printers built with 802.11g when 802.11n went final long ago?
>>>
>>> Yes, you certainly can find native .11n printers, but there are
>>> very few of them. Even brand new PIXMAs have .11g wireless. Why not use
>>> .11n?
>>>
>>> Daddy
>>
>> To widen the target pool.
>>
>> Not everybody has "N."
>>
>> Virtually everyone who has wireless has "g."
>>
>> AFAIK Everybody who has "N" also has "g."
>>
>> i.e... a printer based on "g" works for virtually everyone with wireless.

> Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't thought of that.
>
> I also conducted a wholly unscientific experiment: I surveyed the
> wireless connections in my (suburban) neighborhood, and I am the only
> one using wireless -n!
>
> Daddy

Now you can walk proudly around your neighborhood telling everyone you
have the biggest baddest wifi on the block. Maybe you live in a retro
neighborhood? ... Ben
From: Tom Lake on
> I also conducted a wholly unscientific experiment: I surveyed the
> wireless connections in my (suburban) neighborhood, and I am the only
> one using wireless -n!

Now you know why everyone is parked outside your house! 8^)

Tom Lake
From: Daddy on
Tom Lake wrote:
>> I also conducted a wholly unscientific experiment: I surveyed the
>> wireless connections in my (suburban) neighborhood, and I am the only
>> one using wireless -n!
>
> Now you know why everyone is parked outside your house! 8^)
>
> Tom Lake

....and I thought it was because I get undressed with the shades open.

Daddy
From: RnR on
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 16:05:30 -0400, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Tom Lake wrote:
>>> I also conducted a wholly unscientific experiment: I surveyed the
>>> wireless connections in my (suburban) neighborhood, and I am the only
>>> one using wireless -n!
>>
>> Now you know why everyone is parked outside your house! 8^)
>>
>> Tom Lake
>
>...and I thought it was because I get undressed with the shades open.
>
>Daddy

In that case, both !!!