From: lauren on
I am working up some data and am trying to set up a model to answer
the following question:

Do those who are "good" weight loss responders one year after chronic
caloric restriction have lower baseline BMI's compared to "poor"
weight loss responders?

BMI is a continuous variable and "good" and "poor" weight loss
responder is an indicator varible (1=good, 0=poor).

Any suggestions as to which model to use?
From: Reeza on
On Jul 23, 8:25 am, lauren <lauren.m.beck...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working up some data and am trying to set up a model to answer
> the following question:
>
> Do those who are "good" weight loss responders one year after chronic
> caloric restriction have lower baseline BMI's compared to "poor"
> weight loss responders?
>
> BMI is a continuous variable and "good" and "poor" weight loss
> responder is an indicator varible (1=good, 0=poor).
>
> Any suggestions as to which model to use?

I agree with Art, T-Test is simple enough and you can graph things
easily with two dimensions/groups to show the differences.

Just make sure that your groups don't have very different BMI's at the
outset...because then they will after as well, regardless of caloric
restriction. Ie did people who respond well have lower BMI in the
first place? Not quite the question you were asking but my 2cents.

HTH,
Reeza