From: Fred McKenzie on
In article <hkr6hf$7r5$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
"Jean" <jean.amoureux(a)de.la.cuisine.fr> wrote:

> Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch the
> paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes unreadable.
> Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does not
> have such problems ?

Jean-

Art's answer with regard to pigment-based inks, is probably what you are
looking for. On the other hand, you may be a bit hasty by ignoring a
Laser Printer solution.

The Laser Printer may be more expensive to buy, but cost of operation
can be significantly less than an Ink Jet printer. Especially printers
with larger toner cartridges. While toner cartridges cost more than ink
cartridges, they often produce thousands of plain-paper prints compared
to only hundreds of coated-paper prints per set of Ink Jet cartridges.

If you need glossy photo prints, go for one of the Epson pigmented ink
printers. But if that is not a priority, take another look at Laser
printers.

Fred
From: Guillaume on

"Fred McKenzie" <fmmck(a)aol.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
fmmck-65396A.14045411022010(a)5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com...
> In article <hkr6hf$7r5$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
> "Jean" <jean.amoureux(a)de.la.cuisine.fr> wrote:
>
>> Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch
>> the
>> paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes
>> unreadable.
>> Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does
>> not
>> have such problems ?
>
> Jean-
>
> Art's answer with regard to pigment-based inks, is probably what you are
> looking for. On the other hand, you may be a bit hasty by ignoring a
> Laser Printer solution.
>
> Fred

Thanks to all, especially to Fred.
I'll study a colour laser printer, hope to find a good quality.
jean