From: Jean on
Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch the
paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes unreadable.
Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does not
have such problems ?
Thanks in advance,
Jean

From: Don Phillipson on
"Jean" <jean.amoureux(a)de.la.cuisine.fr> wrote in message

> Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch
the
> paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes
unreadable.
> Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does
not
> have such problems ?

This problem is determined by the materials (ink and paper)
not by the printer. All unglazed papers absorb water readily
(but you may not be able to print onto glazed paper.) Your
simplest solution may be to shield the printed output from
moisture, e.g. in a polyethylene bag or a laminate enclosure.

(Repondez en francais si vous ne me comprenez pas.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Bob AZ on
On Feb 9, 1:31�am, "Jean" <jean.amour...(a)de.la.cuisine.fr> wrote:
> Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch the
> paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes unreadable.
> Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does not
> have such problems ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jean

Jean

Just put a print in a tray of water to soak. No damage after 5
minutes.

The print is an Epson 4800 Inkjet printer inkjet with Epson
UltraChrome K3 ink. Costco/Kirkland paper. Printed about a week ago.

Email me in 24 hours for an update.

Bob AZ
From: Bob AZ on
On Feb 9, 1:31�am, "Jean" <jean.amour...(a)de.la.cuisine.fr> wrote:
> Currently I have a HP6100 printer but the ink is not "fixed", if I touch the
> paper with wet hands or water/coffee is falling on it it becomes unreadable.
> Can you recomment, except an expensive laser) which type of printer does not
> have such problems ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jean

Jean

A 24 hour report. The print is just fine after 24 hours immersed in
water at room temperature. Tried rubbing on the image to no avail.

Bob AZ
From: Arthur Entlich on
I have found Epson's really cheap (about 3 cents a page) photo quality
matte paper (a one sided fairly thin matte paper makes the image
amazingly after it dries. The microporus surface does a great job of
locking the dye inks into the substrate kaolin clay layer.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/