From: tek on
I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
battery is fully charged.
From: Craig Coope on
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:48:07 -0800 (PST), tek <kevindu28(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
>XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
>the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
>screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
>is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
>batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
>AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
>about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
>minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
>battery is fully charged.

Does this have something to do with the powersaving options? Maybe you
should play around with what turns off when AC or DC is used...

--
The Zero ST
From: KlausK on

"tek" <kevindu28(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
> XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
> the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
> screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
> is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
> batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
> AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
> about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
> minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
> battery is fully charged.

Ask in a Dell forum. Dell uses all kinds of proprietary stuff.