From: James Dore on
Did I miss a memo? Directory Utility is not present in
/Applications/Utilities (or anywhere else that Spotlight knows about) What
happened to it?

Cheers,
--
James Dore
New College IT Officer
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2009-10-06 12:15:40 +0100, "James Dore" <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> said:

> Did I miss a memo? Directory Utility is not present in
> /Applications/Utilities (or anywhere else that Spotlight knows about)
> What happened to it?

Snow Leopard happened to it. I think there's a separate download of the
Server admin tools that you can get for Client which includes it, but
I've not looked.

--
Chris

From: James Dore on
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:19:40 +0100, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2009-10-06 12:15:40 +0100, "James Dore" <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk>
> said:
>
>> Did I miss a memo? Directory Utility is not present in
>> /Applications/Utilities (or anywhere else that Spotlight knows about)
>> What happened to it?
>
> Snow Leopard happened to it. I think there's a separate download of the
> Server admin tools that you can get for Client which includes it, but
> I've not looked.

That's what I thought, but it's not in the 10.6 Server Admin tools
download, either. Although Workgroup Manager provides similar info. At
least, the info I was looking for :-D

Cheers,
From: David Empson on
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2009-10-06 12:15:40 +0100, "James Dore" <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> said:
>
> > Did I miss a memo? Directory Utility is not present in
> > /Applications/Utilities (or anywhere else that Spotlight knows about)
> > What happened to it?
>
> Snow Leopard happened to it. I think there's a separate download of the
> Server admin tools that you can get for Client which includes it, but
> I've not looked.

Directory Utility is still there. It just got "Systemised". Look in
/System/Library/CoreServices.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz