From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
>Ahmed, John Vinson routinely violates these rules. He routinely violates the
>principles for what MVP stands for. Ignore him!

Hmm... he does this, yet Microsoft just keeps giving him the award every year?
If that's the case, how do I get in on this gig?

Thanks for the entertainment, Steve. Have you considered lobbying Microsoft
for lofty position of Chief Newsgroup Clown?

From: Fred on
About 80% of what Steve does here is hitting people up for money (violating
the rules and concept) or insulting the main contributors here who are beyond
reproach.

The other 20% is that he sometimes give good answers without hitting people
up for money.

His overall net here is a big minus.

From: MikeR on
PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>> Ahmed, John Vinson routinely violates these rules. He routinely violates the
>> principles for what MVP stands for. Ignore him!
>>
> Hmm... he does this, yet Microsoft just keeps giving him the award every year?
> If that's the case, how do I get in on this gig?
>
> Thanks for the entertainment, Steve. Have you considered lobbying Microsoft
> for lofty position of Chief Newsgroup Clown?

Don't demean clowns like that... ;-o
Mike
From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
John said nothing untrue. You have been informed countless times (well,
technically the number of times could be counted, I suppose) that attempting
to sell your "services" in this forum is inappropriate, yet you persist, so
"exceptionally obstinate" fits without question. Your attempts to sell your
"services" apparently arises in part from the belief that you alone can help,
so "delusional" could very well apply.

Your claim that John routinely violates the spirit and rules of the newsgroup
is utterly without merit. About the only time he is not gracious and helpful
is in his dealings with you.

From: John... Visio MVP on
"Ahmed, John Vinson routinely violates these rules. He routinely violates
the principles for what MVP stands for."

The rules of conduct stevie is referring to is the standard requested by
Microsoft of the MVPs. https://www.mvpaward.com/policies.aspx

Since we are independant of Microsoft, there is no obligation for the MVPs
to follow these rules.In John Vinson's case, I can not see how he has done
anything that violates these rules and I consider him to be a good example
of what an MVP should strife for.

John... Visio MVP