From: Dave U. Random on
In article <Xns9DA5EA5B881BEHHI2948AJD832(a)69.16.185.247>
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave U. Random <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in
>
> > In article <Xns9DA57718B54F7HHI2948AJD832(a)69.16.185.250>
> > Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dave U. Random <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in

> >> Hmm.. Ahh.. Hold up, you have to re-enable the IP blocking module
> first,
> >> then it should ungrey itself and you can add whatever IPS you don't
> want
> >> it blocking to the don't block list.
> >
> > It is still grayed out when the Website blocking is enabled. But
> > something else is strange. On the protection tab settings, Enable
> > Protection Module is checked but grayed out. I didn't think anything
> > of it in the beginning because it was checked even though grayed out.
> > I've checked all other settings and can find nothing that relates to
> > the protection module, as far as I can determine.

> Results.
> >>
> >> That's for programs, and I agree, probably not the easiest user
> friendly
> >> way to do it.

> >> No problem. Hopefully I can help you.
> >>

> > So, I guess the question is why is the protection module okay in the
> > Website blocking setting, but checked and grayed out under the
> > Protection Tab?
>
> It shouldn't be. Have you gone to the settings menu and made sure IP
> blocking and resident blocker are both enabled?

There is absolutely no reference to IP blocking anywhere in the main
settings menu.

> It may take a few seconds for the icon in the taskbar to update, but when
> they are running, options for them shouldn't be greyed out.

I have MBAM on auto update. I don't monkey with it while it is
updating.

Here are the pertinent RIGHT click and LEFT click settings.

Right Click On System Tray Icon:
(All these are enabled.)
Enable Protection
Web Site Blocking
Start With Windows

(Grayed Out)
Add To Ignore List

+++++++++++++++++
(Left Click Main Settings)

Protection Tab Settings Which Are Enabled:
Start protection with Windows
Start file execution blocking when protection module starts
Start malicious website blocking when protection module starts
Show tooltip ballon when malicious website is blocked

Grayed Out But Checked:
Enable protection module
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nowhere do I see a reference to IP blocking.

It is the paid version 1.46 and totally updated.

Something is goofy.

From: ~BD~ on

"Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in message

Dave

Why are you discussing this matter on Usenet instead of on the
Malwarebytes Forums?

--
BD - Just wonderin'!

From: Dave U. Random on
In article <gXhWn.1043$vD2.807(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>
Pedro Hardhat <choc(a)icecream.com> wrote:

> Dave U. Random <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in
>
> > I now find that it is blocking MyWayNews.
> >
> > What in the heck is wrong with this program? Which idiot placed so
> > many good sites into it's block list?
> >
> > I have the paid version, and it is updated.
> >
> > This feature is so ridiculous that I had to uncheck Website Blocking
> > on my wife's machine. She wouldn't put up with it another day after
> > it blocked a children's clothes site.
> >
> > Ridiculous!
> >

> That would be because the domain is owned by IAC and because the IP range
> hosts the unpopular IAC domains smileycentral, funwebproducts, iwon and
> zwinky.

That does explain it. But I think blocking entire domains because of
a few sites is really overkill and entirely unproductive. This MBAM
is really a rather crudely done program. It needs a major rethink.

From: George Orwell on

"Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in message news:f7f5dba88940410789a1c3125c1c4994(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net...

>This MBAM is really a rather crudely done program.
> It needs a major rethink.

Why? Because it wasn't written for idiots like you?

https://www.mixmaster.it

From: Anonymous on

"~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:i0dbgv$o6i$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

> "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in message
>
> Dave
>
> Why are you discussing this matter on Usenet instead of on the
> Malwarebytes Forums?
>
> --
> BD - Just wonderin'!

Because he's an idiot, like you ?