From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net>

>> That would be because the domain is owned by IAC and because the IP range
>> hosts the unpopular IAC domains smileycentral, funwebproducts, iwon and
>> zwinky.

| That does explain it. But I think blocking entire domains because of
| a few sites is really overkill and entirely unproductive. This MBAM
| is really a rather crudely done program. It needs a major rethink.

What did Steven say when you posted this in the Malwarebytes' forums ?

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
Dave U. Random <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in

> Here are the pertinent RIGHT click and LEFT click settings.
>
> Right Click On System Tray Icon:
> (All these are enabled.)
> Enable Protection
> Web Site Blocking
> Start With Windows

Looks good from here.

> Nowhere do I see a reference to IP blocking.

OOps. it's been reworded in v1.46; "Web site" blocking. My bad. :)

> It is the paid version 1.46 and totally updated.

As your a paid user, you are entitled to first class support. I'd suggest
you visit the forum and start a thread. Something is amiss with your
program, and I'd rather it was fixed than you run the unnecessary risk of
getting infected with something.

> Something is goofy.

Agreed. Please visit the forum and post back your results.

--
I'm just an ordinary average guy. My friends are all boring, and so am
I. We're just ordinary average guys. We all lead ordinary lives, with
From: Dustin Cook on
"~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in news:i0dbgv$o6i$1(a)news.eternal-
september.org:

> "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in message
>
> Dave
>
> Why are you discussing this matter on Usenet instead of on the
> Malwarebytes Forums?

Many people do that. Discuss various apps here, and then, if necessary go
and visit the forums. The guys just looking for help.

From: ~BD~ on

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
> september.org:
>
>> "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in
>> message
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Why are you discussing this matter on Usenet instead of on the
>> Malwarebytes Forums?
>
> Many people do that. Discuss various apps here, and then, if necessary
> go
> and visit the forums. The guys just looking for help.

OK

I do think you should admit to him, though, that you once were employed
by Malwarebytes - and explain why they recently dispensed with your
services.

I'm sure others would like to know too.

From: Dustin Cook on
"~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in news:i0dpmb$d49$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "~BD~" <Boater_Dave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
>> september.org:
>>
>>> "Dave U. Random" <anonymous(a)anonymitaet-im-inter.net> wrote in
>>> message
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Why are you discussing this matter on Usenet instead of on the
>>> Malwarebytes Forums?
>>
>> Many people do that. Discuss various apps here, and then, if necessary
>> go
>> and visit the forums. The guys just looking for help.
>
> OK

> I do think you should admit to him, though, that you once were employed
> by Malwarebytes - and explain why they recently dispensed with your
> services.

Do what now? My employment with malwarebytes has nothing to do with the
assistance I offered BD. I wasn't trying to sell the guy a copy or
anything, he's already a paid user. I have no reason to explain anything
specific about malwarebytes, the software, my employment or anything else
thats covered under a non disclosure agreement. Sorry BD, but the non
disclosure prevents me from doing anything more than answer simple
questions related to how to use the program.

Your efforts to get information your not entitled too, not withstanding.