From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-27 16:06:52 -0700, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:

> On Mar 27, 5:55�pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>> The GOP is doing quite a bit of that in the US presently.
>>

> Every vote for a Democrat comes with a bucket of sand to put your head
> in when talk of the deficit comes up.

....and given your current location North of the border, why would that
concern you in any way?

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
> On 2010-03-27 16:06:01 -0700, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
> -----------------------------
>> You believe that. All you need is one person to jack the card
>> sideways with some force. There is always slack in a slot system,
>> there has to be and things like a cold plastic card (shrinkage) means
>> even more slack.
>
> So shrinkage and slack in the cold is your problem.

I have that problem, but not with my CF cards.

--
Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-27 19:43:14 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> The problem is that Glenn Beck and sister Sarah do not really speak for
> the good thoughtful conservatives. Their radical, scary ranting
> attracts the thoughtless, the ignorant, economically dissatisfied and
> the selfish who just vote their immediate pocketbook.

So you know Bill Graham?

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
> On 2010-03-27 19:43:14 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>>

>> The problem is that Glenn Beck and sister Sarah do not really speak for
>> the good thoughtful conservatives. Their radical, scary ranting attracts
>> the thoughtless, the ignorant, economically dissatisfied and the selfish
>> who just vote their immediate pocketbook.
>
> So you know Bill Graham?

I left off the wannabees and deluded.

--
Peter

From: Alfred Molon on
In article <6OudnXkuxo5ktDPWnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
alan.browne(a)FreelunchVideotron.ca says...
> Watch advertising (of all kinds) closely and you will see a lot of it
> based on selling to people's fears rather than needs.

I have a card reader here which won't take CF cards anymore because of
bent pins. Granted it was a cheap card reader, but I couldn't manage to
solve the problems.

In any case, if you think a bit about it, it is insane that a memory
card has so many pins. And everything is moving to serial interfaces
these days - the printer port on computers which used to be parallel has
been replaced by USB, PATA has been replaced by SATA etc.
--

Alfred Molon