From: hisson on
I would have never upgraded to outlook 2007 if I had known you disabled
animated gifs. If it's for security reasons, I am willing to risk it. It
should be up to the user to decide. Just put in an option the enable or
disable animated gifs.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=60dfec79-468e-4fac-a286-066b39a6f4d3&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general
From: Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com on
Try this,

open the email, then under the Other actions, click view in Browser. This
will open the email in your
browser and the gif should animate.

From: N. Miller on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:34:48 -0700, hisson wrote:

> I would have never upgraded to outlook 2007 if I had known you disabled
> animated gifs. If it's for security reasons, I am willing to risk it. It
> should be up to the user to decide. Just put in an option the enable or
> disable animated gifs.

I disable them because I don't like them. If you want them back, tough
beans. I will not re-enable them. :D

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: VanguardLH on
hisson wrote:

> I would have never upgraded to outlook 2007 if I had known you disabled
> animated gifs. If it's for security reasons, I am willing to risk it. It
> should be up to the user to decide. Just put in an option the enable or
> disable animated gifs.

Upgraded from WHAT prior version of Outlook? What prior version of Outlook
did you use before that allowed the .gif to script through its series of
frames to show you the animation?

So what's so hard about opening the .gif attachment and then viewing it?
Remember that the *primary* customer of Microsoft for its Office suites are
corporations, not consumers. Corporations were not clamoring for their
employees to waste time to watch cutsy or pornographic animated images while
at work. Stop confusing an e-mail client with a web browser. Just because
the e-mail client displays HTML-formatted messages does NOT mean that the
e-mail client is the equivalent to a web browser. There is *lots* of HTML
content that your e-mail will not render that the sender chose to put in
their HTML-formatted messages.

So have you yet tried using the Internet view to display an e-mail that
contains a .gif image? Or read:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102014391033.aspx

> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

Oh, I thought you wanted help on how to run the .gif through its frames to
play its mini-movie. Guess not. A suggestion is NOT a question.
From: hisson on
I don't use pornographic gifs. We use gifs to dress up announcements and
maybe brighten someones day. It's kinda useless if you have to open the gif
in another window. My point is that it should be up to the user if they want
to disable animated gifs. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean
everyone has to have it your way.