From: Eric Stevens on
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:29:29 +0000 (UTC), "Anon" <none(a)none.invalid>
wrote:

>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.
>> -3 stops at 3200 ISO. RAW to JPEG in PS-CS4, zero NR.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122061931/original
>
>What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever using an
>EI:25,600 in any shooting I ever did

I have used Ilford HPS plate at Weston 64,000 (ISO 51,200) for some
desparate non-flash shots with a Graflex. I developed it in warm
Microdol as I remember.

Eric Stevens
From: Robert Sneddon on
In message <9vffn.872$Ee1.62(a)newsfe12.iad>, Martin Brown
<|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> writes
>Anon wrote:
>> What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever
>>using an
>> EI:25,600 in any shooting I ever did
>
>3200ASA film was doable and had rather severe grain - push processed
>and uranium intensifier to go higher (but never in colour).

I shot some 3200ASA for a no-flash awards presentation once; the
pictures were to record the event rather than being particularly
photogenic; as you say the grain was something 'orrible.

Polaroid had 10,000 ASA B/W instant print packs in its catalogue. They
were meant to record stuff like oscilloscope traces before digital data
loggers became common. I used it back in the 70s to measure high-speed
events.
--
To reply, my gmail address is nojay1 Robert Sneddon
From: Elliott Roper on
In article <Ctm9MTIbUofLFwt0(a)nospam.demon.co.uk>, Robert Sneddon
<fred(a)nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>
> Polaroid had 10,000 ASA B/W instant print packs in its catalogue. They
> were meant to record stuff like oscilloscope traces before digital data
> loggers became common. I used it back in the 70s to measure high-speed
> events.

Yep. You reminded me that I used them for roughly that purpose. Funny
Story:- (True but OT)

In 1970 I was working for a very well known international news agency.
At our Sydney office, which was in the same building as an upmarket but
rather racy hotel, I was debugging some messaging equipment with the
guys in our London office. This was the days when you rewired hardware
instead of debugging code. Things were not going exactly as planned, so
between 1am and 5am I was making frequent visits to the all-night
drugstore on Wynyard Station ramp in the basement of the hotel/office
building for extra Polaroid packs. With each purchase, the shop
assistant looked at me with greater and greater interest and respect. I
took down an oscilloscope trace when buying the next pack. His respect
for me as a geek was probably more or less unharmed, but from the look
on his face, I guessed his awe of me in another field of human
endeavour fell to zero.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248