From: RichA on
Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.
-3 stops at 3200 ISO. RAW to JPEG in PS-CS4, zero NR.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122061931/original
From: Anon on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.
> -3 stops at 3200 ISO. RAW to JPEG in PS-CS4, zero NR.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122061931/original

What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever using an
EI:25,600 in any shooting I ever did

From: Martin Brown on
Anon wrote:
> "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.
>> -3 stops at 3200 ISO. RAW to JPEG in PS-CS4, zero NR.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122061931/original
>
> What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever using an
> EI:25,600 in any shooting I ever did

3200ASA film was doable and had rather severe grain - push processed and
uranium intensifier to go higher (but never in colour).

People seem to forget that film was bad for either very fast or very
long exposures with reciprocity failure becoming significant for long
exposures at low light levels. This tended to make certain films that
were not all that fast but had low reciprocity the medium of choice.

These days CCDs have almost ideal characteristics with some thermal
noise and if you are unlucky a warm/IR illuminated corner where the
readout amplifiers sit. Thermoelectric cooling on amateur astronomy CCDs
has revolutionised imaging - and you can do magical things with a webcam
on the planets. Single shot colour imaging for instance. Although the
scientifically calibrated chips are all monochrome.

Rich just likes to whinge about everything. It is his only pleasure.

Regards,
Martin Brown
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.

Nobody cares except religious idiots.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: RichA on
On Feb 18, 1:17 pm, Martin Brown <|||newspam...(a)nezumi.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> Anon wrote:
> > "RichA" <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Because this is what ISO 25,600 looks like on a micro 4/3rds sensor.
> >> -3 stops at 3200 ISO.  RAW to JPEG in PS-CS4, zero NR.
>
> >>http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122061931/original
>
> > What does 25,600 ISO film look like??? I can't think of me ever using an
> > EI:25,600 in any shooting I ever did
>
> 3200ASA film was doable and had rather severe grain - push processed and
> uranium intensifier to go higher (but never in colour).
>
> People seem to forget that film was bad for either very fast or very
> long exposures with reciprocity failure becoming significant for long
> exposures at low light levels. This tended to make certain films that
> were not all that fast but had low reciprocity the medium of choice.
>
> These days CCDs have almost ideal characteristics with some thermal
> noise and if you are unlucky a warm/IR illuminated corner where the
> readout amplifiers sit. Thermoelectric cooling on amateur astronomy CCDs
> has revolutionised imaging - and you can do magical things with a webcam
> on the planets.

They don't use cooling for imaging planets.