From: SS on
On my wifes PC for some reason when booting up it now asks "press F1 to
continue` it never used to do this and previously would just boot straight
through to the desktop.

I presume a setting has changed, what do I change to get this back.

thanks

From: philo on
SS wrote:
> On my wifes PC for some reason when booting up it now asks "press F1 to
> continue` it never used to do this and previously would just boot straight
> through to the desktop.
>
> I presume a setting has changed, what do I change to get this back.
>
> thanks

If the date and time are also wrong...you'll need to replace the cmos
battery
From: SS on
Now sorted, it was a loose cable to the DVD drive (dell flat PC)
apparently a known problem for that model.

Anyhow sorted.

thanks Philo

From: philo on
SS wrote:
> Now sorted, it was a loose cable to the DVD drive (dell flat PC)
> apparently a known problem for that model.
>
> Anyhow sorted.
>
> thanks Philo
>

> "philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>> SS wrote:
>>> On my wifes PC for some reason when booting up it now asks "press F1 to
>>> continue` it never used to do this and previously would just boot
>>> straight through to the desktop.
>>>
>>> I presume a setting has changed, what do I change to get this back.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> If the date and time are also wrong...you'll need to replace the cmos
>> battery

glad that was all it took!