From: Thomas Jarren on
Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to go.

If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me.

I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting (backup etc).

I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the file using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when booted the "original file" is there.

I've erased, formatted tried 4 different cd, same issue.

Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thomas

From: philo on
Thomas Jarren wrote:
> Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to go.
>
> If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me.
>
> I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting
> (backup etc).
>
> I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I
> burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the
> file using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when
> booted the "original file" is there.
>
> I've erased, formatted tried 4 different cd, same issue.
>
> Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if
> anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

Its' a function of your iso editing software and nothing to do with any OS

Why beat a dead horse...just edit autoexec.bat and re-image your drive
From: Thomas Jarren on
How would one edit an autoexec.bat file on a READ ONLY CD???

Hmmm, one does wonder how to perform such an impressive act...

Found the fix,

Thanks anyways.

Thomas

"philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> Thomas Jarren wrote:
>> Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to
>> go.
>> If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me.
>> I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting
>> (backup etc).
>> I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I
>> burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the file
>> using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when booted
>> the "original file" is there.
>> I've erased, formatted tried 4 different cd, same issue.
>> Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if
>> anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.
>> Thanks
>> Thomas
>

> Its' a function of your iso editing software and nothing to do with any OS
>
> Why beat a dead horse...just edit autoexec.bat and re-image your drive

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Connection Failed!
Next: Why hit F1 to continue