From: Thomas Jarren on
Thanks to all, as mentioned in a previous reply, I got the fix.

Cheers.

Thomas
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O1hAmc9dKHA.6000(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Maybe a newsgroup with "Win98" in its name, e.g. microsoft.publick.win98.gen_discussion?

When you repost, remember to state what tool you used to modify your ISO file, and what you see when you extract the modified file right after adding it back to the ISO file.
"Thomas Jarren" <thomas.jarren(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u8oKjZ7dKHA.5568(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to go.

If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me.

I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting (backup etc).

I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I burn the cd, I don't get the auotexec with my changes. If I view the file using windows, it is there on the cd with my changed. However when booted the "original file" is there.

I've erased, formatted tried 4 different cd, same issue.

Again, I apologize for posting here as I know it doesn't belong, but if anyone can point me to somewhere of help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thomas
From: philo on
Thomas Jarren wrote:
> How would one edit an autoexec.bat file on a READ ONLY CD???
>
> Hmmm, one does wonder how to perform such an impressive act...
>
> Found the fix,
>
> Thanks anyways.
>
> Thomas
>

>> Its' a function of your iso editing software and nothing to do with any OS
>>
>> Why beat a dead horse...just edit autoexec.bat and re-image your drive

No

I meant on your installed system

change it there and re-image it is what I meant

anyway...you got it sorted out so a moot point
From: Al on
Thomas -it is a common courtesy to newsgroup readers to post "Fixes"
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Al" <ajrjdr(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
Thomas -it is a common courtesy to newsgroup readers to post "Fixes"

==========

Common courtesy - yes - but unfortunately often forgotten.

From: Darren on
Oh I so call NOT! I've read posts on here where a question was asked and
"Professional Responders" send countless messages to posts ridiculing
posters.

Also, had I have posted the original question, I would have replied to
"philo" exactly the same way. The way I read his post, suggests the same
thing -"Edit the autoexec on the CD".

What he meant and what he said are "Two entirely different items"

So there.

> "Al" <ajrjdr(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thomas -it is a common courtesy to newsgroup readers to post "Fixes"

> Common courtesy - yes - but unfortunately often forgotten.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Connection Failed!
Next: Why hit F1 to continue