From: Nomen Nescio on
> | I know what you claimed; you have neither substantiated it
>
> On the contrary, I substantiated it twice.

Not only did you not substantiate it, you didn't even instantiate it!

Now the thread is back on-topic!

From: Shmuel Metz on
In <4bc5a414$0$78577$c30e37c6(a)exi-reader.telstra.net>, on 04/14/2010
at 07:32 PM, "robin" <robin51(a)dodo.com.au> said:

>I already pointed out that important algorithms were first written in
>machine code in the 1950s

I know what you claimed; you have neither substantiated it nor shown its
relevance to the points in dispute. Which part of ":all" don't you
understand? Why do you believe that "all" is present in sentences that
clearly lack it?

reply to spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org

From: Shmuel Metz on
In <4bc5a413$0$78577$c30e37c6(a)exi-reader.telstra.net>, on 04/14/2010
at 07:27 PM, "robin" <robin51(a)dodo.com.au> said:

>That's irrelevant.

The dispute is about the development of algorithms, not about their
transcription. The question of whether Ada actually developed the
Fibonacci algorithm is highly relevant to that question.

reply to spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org

From: Shmuel Metz on
In <4bc72c60$0$78575$c30e37c6(a)exi-reader.telstra.net>, on 04/16/2010
at 01:10 AM, "robin" <robin51(a)dodo.com.au> said:

>On the contrary, I substantiated it twice.

No, you twice made totally irrelevant claims. Nothing that you have
written has any bearing on whether algorithms were developed in Algol 60,
and you haven't even substantiated the claim that important algorithms
were *DEVELOPED* (NOT TRANSLATED INTO) in machine code.

reply to spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org

From: robin on
"Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote in message
| In <4bc72c60$0$78575$c30e37c6(a)exi-reader.telstra.net>, on 04/16/2010
| at 01:10 AM, "robin" <robin51(a)dodo.com.au> said:
|
| >On the contrary, I substantiated it twice.
|
| No, you twice made totally irrelevant claims. Nothing that you have
| written has any bearing on whether algorithms were developed in Algol 60,
| and you haven't even substantiated the claim that important algorithms
| were *DEVELOPED*

Had you actually read what I wrote in my first post in this thread,
you would have comprehended that I said "first IMPLEMENTED in machine code"
(emphasis added).

And I twice substantiated my claim.