From: roadtrpn on
All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons.
Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my
word document icons?
From: Jay Freedman on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:19:02 -0800, roadtrpn
<roadtrpn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons.
>Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my
>word document icons?

That isn't something Word does.

Do you use an online backup service, such as Mozy? If so, that icon
could mark files that haven't been backed up yet.

Some Symantec programs, such as System Center, mark icons that way
(http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2001031510414248).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman