From: Nanez on
XP Pro ... I updated IE, and have Norton.

For some reason the windows logon with password pops up now. I never had
the computer password protected. It would usually take me to the user
screen, not anymore.

I drove myself nuts, until I found out you don't have to have a password to
get in, just the user name.

How do I keep the password box from popping up on start up, and just go to
the user screen like b/4?

Any ideas why this changed?

Thanks!

From: Nanez on
Sorry, I also updated Windows.

From: Peter Foldes on
Start\Run and type in the following

control userpasswords2

When the user accounts 2 opens then take out the checkmark from Users must enter
etc,etc,etc. Back out making sure you hit Apply. Reboot
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Nanez on
Hello Peter,

Thank you, but the window box still appears b/4 going to the user logon.

From: Peter Foldes on
Did you remove the checkmark from that box and hit Apply before closing that box and
did you reboot and shut down and reboot again