From: Siddarth Chandrasekaran on
I don't know if this has been sent out already, but I really enjoyed
reading this article about _why:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/05/15/why-a-tale-of-a-post-modern-genius

Siddarth

From: Robert Klemme on
On 16.06.2010 18:26, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Josef 'Jupp' Schugt<jupp(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>> NSA: National Security Agency, formerly known as No Such Agency (because
>> for many years its existence was not acknowledged by the U.S.
>> government). Their motto is supposed to be "never say anything".
>
> Now that you told him, you're going to have to shoot him.<G>

Me too, me too! :-)

robert

PS: For those who want to learn more I recommend James Bamford's books
on the matter ("Body of secrets" and "The shadow factory").

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
From: Colin Bartlett on

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter(a)googlemail.com>wrote:

> On 16.06.2010 18:26, Rick DeNatale wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Josef 'Jupp' Schugt<jupp(a)gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> NSA: National Security Agency, formerly known as No Such Agency (because
>>> for many years its existence was not acknowledged by the U.S.
>>> government). Their motto is supposed to be "never say anything".
>>>

>> Now that you told him, you're going to have to shoot him.<G>
>>

> Me too, me too! :-)

I was going to suggest (after seeing Rick DeNatale's post) that after
shooting the questioner, Josef probably ought to shoot himself, but after
seeing your post - were you suggesting that Josef should shoot you, or that
you should shoot the questioner ? :) - it occurs to me that to be on the
safe side maybe we should just shoot everybody including ourselves!

(For some reason I'm reminded of the SAC chief who allegedly said that if
after a nuclear war there were two americans and one russian left "we win":
clearly someone who had not heard of "pyhrric victories". In the interests
of balance, I ought to point out that not all american military shared this
opinion. I think if Admiral Spruance had heard it, he would have disagreed:
he had some faults, but I'm rather impressed that he spoke up against the
internment of the Japanese-Americans in the middle of WW2.)

From: Rick DeNatale on
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Colin Bartlett <colinb2r(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> For some reason I'm reminded of the SAC chief who allegedly said that if
> after a nuclear war there were two americans and one russian left "we win"

That sounds like a line from a movie, maybe Dr. Strangelove?

--
Rick DeNatale

From: Jörg W Mittag on
Josef 'Jupp' Schugt wrote:
> * Jackie Winn, 06/16/2010 01:41 PM:
>> What is nsa we people dont know about it
> NSA: National Security Agency, formerly known as No Such Agency (because
> for many years its existence was not acknowledged by the U.S.
> government). Their motto is supposed to be "never say anything".
>
> As it is mostly the case if no country is given it is a United States of
> America agency. It is responsible for the collection and analysis of
> foreign communications and foreign signals intelligence. In short: They
> are the big brother of all people unless they live in the USA and don't
> communicate with any foreigner.

That is only half of their job. The other half is exactly the dual of
that: *protection* of US communications.

jwm
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Fashion Accessories